#2cloud_soraPosted 7/5/2013 9:48:03 PM
More coins.
---
3DS: 2723-9049-0610
#3Crimson PhantomPosted 7/7/2013 6:55:48 PM
I know of

Hermes' Boots - lets you walk on spike traps

Charon's Obol - next visit you don't have to pay the castle toll

Hedgehog's Curse - bad bad bad, you just bleed coins... really you should be made invulnerable as long as you managed to grab one :P

Calypso's Compass - Leads you to something, I've never managed to survive long enough after getting one to find where it takes you... I would assume it reveals a secret

Nerdy Glasses - lets you triple your money if you find that cheapskate guy

Helios' Blessing - more gold from enemies

Hyperion's Ring - revive upon death once with low hp
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#4Delta123456789Posted 7/8/2013 1:18:00 AM
Crimson Phantom posted...
I know of
Hedgehog's Curse - bad bad bad, you just bleed coins... really you should be made invulnerable as long as you managed to grab one :P

Calypso's Compass - Leads you to something, I've never managed to survive long enough after getting one to find where it takes you... I would assume it reveals a secret

Nerdy Glasses - lets you triple your money if you find that cheapskate guy

Glasses let you cheat on the chest game? That's news to me. I think their main purpose is to fix your character's long/short-sightedness or other visial condition (e.g. vertigo).

The compass leads you to secret rooms that contain very high level gear, though I've not managed it yet (I think the door I found was in a part of the room I couldn't access).

As for the curse, it's obviously supposed to be bad (hence curse). Bad random effects are part of the roguelike formula after all.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#5Shale0Posted 7/8/2013 6:18:25 AM
The glasses fix any vision issues you have, but they also point out any hidden items on the map, including the one chest in the three-chest game that actually has something in it.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/national/fallen/
#6Shale0Posted 7/8/2013 6:47:23 AM
Also, note that if you pick up every coin you drop from the Hedgehog's Curse, you actually end up making a profit on each hit.
---
#7bluedmonPosted 7/8/2013 12:10:36 PM
Shale0 posted...
Also, note that if you pick up every coin you drop from the Hedgehog's Curse, you actually end up making a profit on each hit.

kind of hard to make a profit if when you die your gonna get hit and lose coins. so in the end there is no profit (maybe less of a loss but no profit)
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#8Shale0Posted 7/8/2013 12:50:59 PM(edited)
You don't lose coins from the hit that kills you though. The real danger is if you're surrounded by enemies and take multiple hits in quick succession, leading to your death before you have the time to re-collect them. Plus the potential for coins to fall onto spikes.
---
#9Crimson PhantomPosted 7/8/2013 5:23:27 PM
Shale0 posted...

Shale0 posted...
You don't lose coins from the hit that kills you though. The real danger is if you're surrounded by enemies and take multiple hits in quick succession, leading to your death before you have the time to re-collect them. Plus the potential for coins to fall onto spikes.

You are WRONG on BOTH counts sir.. perhaps an OLD PATCH?

Just got that curse, decided to go testing to see how much of a horde I could amass (having high def and back to the start)

Upon hitting spike traps I went from 22456 gold to 22456 gold when I picked it up, repeated process 5 times - exact same result

Decided to move onto an enemy, went from 22456 gold to 22456 gold, repeated 5 times - exact same result

Went and found new spikes, repeated process lost some gold to falling through the screen

Had 20212 gold, got killed, on the castle screen I have 11364 gold...

So in conclusion is that

A,) You do NOT gain gold by picking it back up after dropping it
B.) You DO lose gold upon death
C.) Hedgehog's curse is entirely negative
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#10Shale0Posted 7/9/2013 2:20:43 AM
Huh. Must have changed in the latest patch, yeah. When I tested it out, I started with about 3000 gold, was hit once, picked up everything that dropped,ended up with 3300, was hit again, got to 3600,took a third hit, died and ended up at the manor with all 3600.
---