Kojima says Twin Snakes is not canon

#1LuigisBroPosted 4/26/2013 8:43:28 AM
so can Nintendo fans stop annoying everybody about Twin Snakes?

That was a remake made by Silicone Knights. We supervised it but we didnít create it directly and we wanted to make sure that everything in the HD Collection was canon. Everything that goes into there is something created directly by Kojima Productions and Kojima himself. So that is the reason why Twin Snakes was not included in HD Collection.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kojipro-explains-twin-snakes-exclusion-from-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops
#2KrazyTheKlown10Posted 4/26/2013 10:16:27 AM
NOT CANON?!?!?! It's the same effin story that MGS1 had lol
---
You're Pretty Good!
#3vitonemesisPosted 4/26/2013 11:22:10 AM
Not to mention they used the audio clips for MGS4.
#4MellowLyricistPosted 4/26/2013 12:43:41 PM
I think the people who want Twin Snakes are NOT Nintendo fans and just want to play the game on a non-Nintendo console.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#5KrazyTheKlown10Posted 4/26/2013 4:51:16 PM
MellowLyricist posted...
I think the people who want Twin Snakes are NOT Nintendo fans and just want to play the game on a non-Nintendo console.

I'm one of the few people I know who loves my Wii U and plays it regularly, I think most people just wanted something to make them say "HOLY CRAP I GOTTA GET THIS!!!" Which is what a updated MGS1 or TTS would do for this collection.
---
You're Pretty Good!
#6CID1Posted 4/26/2013 7:55:39 PM
Was the same question posed for Portable Ops? I know it was made by Kojima directly but it is canon.
---
: The Will to Fabricate.
"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but rather memory."
#7crunchb3rryPosted 4/26/2013 10:19:42 PM
The reason it's not "canon" is because there are Nintendo branded characters in the game. A Mario and Yoshi statue if I recall correctly, like the Kerotans in MGS3.
#8gilv3rPosted 4/27/2013 10:59:41 AM
It also is not really part of the story because snake uses a missile in midflight as a stepping stone.
---
PC PS3 3DS
#9riddlebox89Posted 4/27/2013 4:57:16 PM
...that doesn't say it's not canon (even though it's not since Snake was never able to do the crap he does there) just that Kojima and his team didn't directly make it.

As for why Portable Ops wasn't included, same thing, Kojima didn't direct it.

Just because all the games on the HD collection/Legacy Collection are canon, doesn't mean all canon titles are included.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10LuigisBro(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 8:25:07 PM
^ you seriously have problems understanding English if that's what you really think
---
2013 megatons - 3DS redesign with no 3D, WiiU flops, DS player for WiiU, no new PS or Xbox, MH4 flops