How do you get your team to play defense and make point-blank shots in MyCareer?

#1WigginsToUtahPosted 11/8/2013 10:42:31 PM
Even on all-star mode, the opposing AI is regularly shooting at 65-70% against me. The vast majority of the time my team actually gets a stop is when the guy I'm guarding shoots or when I come to help out on defense, but I can't help on defense every play because very often I'll get burned that way too.

What's the solution? Just be perfect on offense? The only way I can do that is by scoring with my own player because my teammates cannot, for the life of them, make point blank shots.

Somebody help me out here. What am I missing.
---
l
#2JenninghamPosted 11/8/2013 11:48:11 PM
What possition do you play? If your the PG dimer helps. Also for any position learn your team mates and dish it late in the shot clock. And learn to read the pick and roll. Somebody will be wide open 90 percent of the time but not always the roll man so don't get locked into him. You may just have a bad team also lol
---
"so sayeth thine hamm"
#3LiquidddSwordsPosted 11/9/2013 11:15:01 AM
Yeah, switch your team up if you can't stand how they play. It can be very frustrating to play so unrealistically. 1st season I was on the Pacers and we were TERRIBLE. I feel like it's difficult as a PG in MyPlayer to get assists by passing to your guards, and the forwards on the Pacers were garbage offensively. 2nd year - I'm on the Bobcats, regularly getting 7-12 assists a game.
---
GT: Liquiddd
#4Roxas_is_Sora_XPosted 11/9/2013 4:00:50 PM
I'm on the Pacers and we suck. I think we are like 6-17. My team refuses to play D and we miss shots. I consistently put up 20-25 points a game and usually 5-8 assists, while shooting over 50%. After hearing what the guy above me did, I think I'm going to demand a trade.

That surprised me for a team that is suppose to be good. Also, they play me regardless of how tired myPlayer is, it's so aggravating.
#5JenninghamPosted 11/9/2013 4:23:45 PM
Yea basketball iq and team concepts don't translate well to this game. Also Paul Georges shot tendencies are so low he averages like 10ppg. That's something I wish they would work on for 2k15. Nobody wants to shoot the ball according to 2k
---
"so sayeth thine hamm"
#6machetemanPosted 11/10/2013 10:14:58 PM
wow...soo weird reading this....im on the pacers and we are 1-6 right now. Gettin blown out almost every other game. Everytime the CPU plays when I'm on the bench, they give the entire game away.

im benched with a 14 pt lead going into 4th quarter vs hornets. Simulate to end and we lose by 1.