New trophies ?

#1ResidentGear31Posted 8/3/2013 7:53:49 PM
Will doa5u have new trophies ? Has Team Ninja commented on this?
#2tee316Posted 8/3/2013 7:55:09 PM
TN has not commented.
#3JillVPosted 8/3/2013 8:18:57 PM
Of course they'll be new trophies, it's a new game and not some add-on for DOA5(depending on how you see it) it probably won't be long before someone leaks the achievements/trophies before the game is release.
#4RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 8/3/2013 8:45:21 PM
JillV posted...
Of course they'll be new trophies, it's a new game and not some add-on for DOA5(depending on how you see it) it probably won't be long before someone leaks the achievements/trophies before the game is release.

I read that the data from DOA 5 carries over including a completed story mode. I'm guessing that you just have to beat story mode again to get the trophy/achievement? It's kind of an odd thing to do by carrying all that data over. You'd think that story mode would reset in the new game.
#5JillVPosted 8/3/2013 9:02:39 PM
RX_93_Nu_Gundam posted...
JillV posted...

I read that the data from DOA 5 carries over including a completed story mode. I'm guessing that you just have to beat story mode again to get the trophy/achievement? It's kind of an odd thing to do by carrying all that data over. You'd think that story mode would reset in the new game.

I don't know if I want to play DOA5 Story Mode again since there won't be any changes to it despite the inclusion of new characters, I haven't bothered with Story Mode in DOA5+. But who knows I did played WO3 Story Mode like 3 times already.
#6RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 8/3/2013 9:13:43 PM
JillV posted...
JillV posted...

I don't know if I want to play DOA5 Story Mode again since there won't be any changes to it despite the inclusion of new characters, I haven't bothered with Story Mode in DOA5+. But who knows I did played WO3 Story Mode like 3 times already.

I don't think the new characters will be in story mode. This is something that I was really disappointed in. TN got really lazy with DOA5U's story mode since there are no changes at all.
#7JillVPosted 8/3/2013 9:24:37 PM
I don't think the new characters will be in story mode. This is something that I was really disappointed in. TN got really lazy with DOA5U's story mode since there are no changes at all.

The question is how the new characters will be unlock? I don't think TN has said anything regardless the requirements on how to unlock them, I don't know if they'll be available from the get-go.
#8RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 8/3/2013 9:43:35 PM
JillV posted...

The question is how the new characters will be unlock? I don't think TN has said anything regardless the requirements on how to unlock them, I don't know if they'll be available from the get-go.

Maybe through arcade. I would imagine that Alpha-152 and the VF characters will be unlocked as long as the story was completed and transferred to DOA5U. I think this is also true for all the titles you can unlock and costumes.
#9JillVPosted 8/3/2013 10:45:20 PM
Maybe through arcade. I would imagine that Alpha-152 and the VF characters will be unlocked as long as the story was completed and transferred to DOA5U. I think this is also true for all the titles you can unlock and costumes.

It could be true, probably you're gonna have to use a certain character to unlock the new characters, like using Ryu to unlock Momiji, use Sara(or maybe Jan Lee) to unlock Jackie, use Hitomi to unlock Ein, use Bayman to unlock Leon and probably use Momiji or Ayane to unlock Rachel, or it could be with any character, perhaps?
#10RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 8/3/2013 10:53:57 PM
JillV posted...

It could be true, probably you're gonna have to use a certain character to unlock the new characters, like using Ryu to unlock Momiji, use Sara(or maybe Jan Lee) to unlock Jackie, use Hitomi to unlock Ein, use Bayman to unlock Leon and probably use Momiji or Ayane to unlock Rachel, or it could be with any character, perhaps?

That actually makes a lot of sense. Hopefully, they'll do something like that. Maybe they can mix it up like playing Tag matches or time attack as opposed to doing only arcade matches to unlock new characters.