Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Has A Whopping 231 Costumes To Unlock!

#1gigano25Posted 8/22/2013 10:22:57 AM
While Dead or Alive 5 had 114 costumes the player could access, Team Ninja have added even more for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. Publisher Tecmo Koei say the game will have 231 costumes in total that you can unlock within the game. Costumes can be unlocked using Grade Points, which are earned by fighting and winning matches. Winning consecutive ranked matches can earn you Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Fighter ranks. These ranks earn extra GP with wins, and defeating another ranked fighter nets you a GP bonus as well.

Article:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/22/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-has-a-whopping-231-costumes-to-unlock/

So what are you thoughts? Still not enough costumes? Not enough new ones? To many and tedious to unlock?
#2tee316Posted 8/22/2013 10:47:09 AM
231 costumes? I don't have a count of all the costumes we have seen already, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have already seen all of them.
#3mogrockPosted 8/22/2013 10:50:26 AM
231-114=117

Still not enough. The main question is how many are absolutely new with regards to that number? So far, it looks like all the previous characters get 1 new costume with the exception of Kasumi, Ayane, Leifang, and Kokoro (2 costumes)

Remember out of those 117 costumes, they included the previous DLC packs which were made to be on-disc for DOA5 (check the official site to cross-reference which packs are included).

As far as the unlocks are concerned, they're also including the 3rd and subsequent costumes for the newcomers (Rachel, Momiji, Leon, Ein, Jacky) in that 117 count.
---
http://youtu.be/82aYFrsMGsQ?hd=1
http://youtu.be/5Ns-kXeQCMk
#4TheDuskwalkerPosted 8/22/2013 11:31:53 AM(edited)
Counting default 2 that's around 10-12 costumes for returning females, 7 for returning males (Hayabusa 8 because of the DOA5+ costume), around 6 for new characters, and 4-5 for VF characters.
---
TTT2/SFxT: Lili, Jaycee/Julia; BBCS: Noel, Mu-12; KOFXIII: Mai, Leona, Elisabeth
DOA5U: Kasumi, Sarah, Rachel, Momiji, Helena; GGXXAC: Dizzy, Jam; DS: Morrigan
#5JillVPosted 8/22/2013 11:22:48 AM
Let me get this straight, you need to win online tag team matches in order to unlock more costumes? or not necessarily? because not many of my friends on my PS3 friends list like DOA.
#6TheDuskwalkerPosted 8/22/2013 11:26:24 AM
JillV posted...
Let me get this straight, you need to win online tag team matches in order to unlock more costumes? or not necessarily? because not many of my friends on my PS3 friends list like DOA.

It says they're unlocked by using grade from winning matches, and winning ranked nets bonus grade. So I assume you earn grade for the single player modes too, but you earn more grade by playing online and winning matches against other players.
---
TTT2/SFxT: Lili, Jaycee/Julia; BBCS: Noel, Mu-12; KOFXIII: Mai, Leona, Elisabeth
#7JillVPosted 8/22/2013 11:38:53 AM
TheDuskwalker posted...
JillV posted...

It says they're unlocked by using grade from winning matches, and winning ranked nets bonus grade. So I assume you earn grade for the single player modes too, but you earn more grade by playing online and winning matches against other players.

Gotcha! thanks, though it looks like you get more GP by winning tag team online matches.
#8TheDuskwalkerPosted 8/22/2013 11:58:56 AM
JillV posted...

Gotcha! thanks, though it looks like you get more GP by winning tag team online matches.

Indeed. I assume that's how it works. Tag Matches > Ranked Matches > Player Matches > Single Player, but you get grade for all of it. That or grade is for unlocking online, but you get then the DOA5 way if you prefer to unlock them through offline. I would hope either of those ways is how it works...
---
#9RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 8/22/2013 12:13:00 PM
So you can unlock points offline? Well that's good because I don't always play online.
#10Leifang2000Posted 8/22/2013 12:17:29 PM
Actually... still not enough for me. I want more...
231 Costumes / 29 characters = ~7 or 8 per character
---
---(|^_^|) T'ai Chi Quan is Awesome!!! (/^_^\) ----