Stop complaining about the Marie Rose price please...

#1Lylat_CruiserPosted 3/25/2014 11:52:21 AM
I actually think that this is an alright price because you have to consider the amount of effort that was put into it:
- The animation (for her moves as well as the opponent's animation from her throws and holds)
- New voice actor (have to pay them since they came in late into the game)

This is not your standard 2D fighting where the characters have about 20 different moves and only have like 5 different throws. And for the costumes, she just came out and is brand new. Unlike Momiji, Rachel and the other "new" characters in Ultimate, Marie Rose did not have costumes to implement towards her character. I'm guessing that in the next set of DLC she will have another costume to add to her wardrobe. You didn't actually expect her to have 10+ costumes on her release did you?
---
"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority by coming in anyway!"
"Now that's strategy!" ;D
#2UncleGrubbyPosted 3/25/2014 12:01:28 PM
Yes.
#3KC642Posted 3/25/2014 12:05:51 PM
Agree with TC. Companies spend time and effort for a new character. If a company doesn't make money, they close down. I'm sure they did price point analysis to come up with $6. At least I hope so lol!

Each player just needs to make their own decisions on whether to buy or not.

Side note: played 3 matches online yday, 2 were against MR. Won one lost one. Very interesting. The one I won was very predictable and afterwards I got rage messages lol. Sent 4 rants at me, it was hilarious!
---
PSN: Knightcrawler642
#4fortyminerninerPosted 3/25/2014 12:12:36 PM
here's the thing. she was an exclusive arcade character. you have to pay to play arcade version of course. that money helps the company since she is definitely an original character. each and every original character takes a lot of time and money.

since you have to pay to play as her in the arcade, you have to pay to play as her here. since you have to pay each time to play the arcade version, it adds up and helps the company, but since you only have to pay once in order to keep her forever.... i think this is pretty fair.
#5ImMrMojoRisinPosted 3/25/2014 12:19:55 PM
"since you have to pay to play as her in the arcade, you have to pay to play as her here. since you have to pay each time to play the arcade version, it adds up and helps the company, but since you only have to pay once in order to keep her forever.... i think this is pretty fair."

I know some people will not agree with your logic, but I think you make a valid point. I would have spent FAAAR more than $6 in the arcade playing as her, if I ever found a local arcade that had DOA5U, lol.
#6vega2505Posted 3/25/2014 12:24:16 PM
They've already made plenty of money off of the arcade version and from DLC gouging already...costumes don't affect gameplay, new characters do and should never cost extra, but it seems Harada is the only one who understands this.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#7SilentS89Posted 3/25/2014 12:25:10 PM
This topic won't achieve anything.

People will continue to complain, because that is what they do.
#8tehdudPosted 3/25/2014 12:29:23 PM
http://whatculture.com/gaming/are-dlc-fighter-characters-unfair-team-ninja-boss-says-yes.php

I hope fighting games start selling premium movesets in the future. id like to see just gow muh doormat fanboys will defend game companies. "it doesnt affect gameplay" is already an outdated go to defense.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZj3SQDftA
Japanese voice actors with real emotion!
#9A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/25/2014 12:31:11 PM
I'll never support paid DLC characters for fighting games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#10Thesuperstar2kPosted 3/25/2014 12:34:08 PM
Omg. just came on this site today and I see this thread that some people was complaing of the price of the character?

http://i.imgur.com/N2BjgTP.gif

Come on people...
---
---
PSN: Superstarmaste1r (: