Do you like Rachel?

#1Solar20xxPosted 6/21/2014 12:24:36 AM(edited)
Vote here, thank you - Results (199 votes)
Yes
67.34% (134 votes)
No
15.58% (31 votes)
Don't really care about her
12.56% (25 votes)
I like and dislike her
3.52% (7 votes)
Other
1.01% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So let's move onto this woman.

Do I like her or do I not... I never played a Ninja Gaiden game, and I never play as her in this game, but I did play as her in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. I liked her there. I like her here. In here, she has a smashing theme. So smooth and sexy, yet cool as heck tune. And her walk! XD

She really needs better outfits though. I only like two of them the most. Her usual one where she looks like a dominatrix, and especially her professional looking one. Everything else looks very unfitting to me, though I do admit that I didn't take a good scroll through her DLC costumes thanks to awful PSN.

What about you? Place your votes.

Oh yeah. I like her, but I picked Other. Don't know her that much, so yep. Other.
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Almost NEVER take me seriously in almost anything. I'll let you know whenever I am at times.
#2Than_manPosted 6/21/2014 12:16:03 AM
Don't really care. Her face is...just wrong. Nothing to complain about the rest, but the face... It's like a semi-ugly woman with manly facial features had a few plastic surgeries.
---
Someone should do something about everything.
#3BasementDudePosted 6/21/2014 12:18:38 AM
maybe heehee
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 448,519,492
#4Solar20xx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 12:23:03 AM
BasementDude posted...
maybe heehee

Noooooo! Leave! >:(
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
Almost NEVER take me seriously in almost anything. I'll let you know whenever I am at times.
#5taoxadasaPosted 6/21/2014 12:25:37 AM
She's the only character I completely dislike. I don't really like anything about her besides her theme song, which isn't one of my favorites but is still pretty awesome.
---
The Jumping Flash! series needs a new game.
#6fortyminerninerPosted 6/21/2014 12:25:39 AM
BasementDude posted...
maybe heehee

lol I should probably give you more e-huggies.

Yeah I like Rachel btw.
#7Solar20xx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 12:27:26 AM
fortyminerniner posted...
BasementDude posted...
maybe heehee

lol I should probably give you more e-huggies.

Yeah I like Rachel btw.

No! You gave him 30,000 before! That's insane.
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
#8Zero BeatPosted 6/21/2014 12:28:38 AM
For those of you who have not played Ninja Gaiden: Her family carries fiend blood. This gives them superhuman strength but makes them susceptible to becoming the very monsters they fight. She spent Ninja Gaiden hunting down her sister Alma who had become a greater fiend. When she has the chance to kill her after Ryu had beaten Alma, she can't.

Later on, she tries to fight Doku, Lord of the Greater Fiends and the monster who slaughtered the Hayabusa Village to get the Dark Dragon Blade and killed Ryu in the beginning of the game. She loses and winds up kidnapped by Doku and is used as a sacrifice to make Alma even more powerful. Ryu interrupts this sacrifice before any permanent damage is done and uses his True Dragon Sword to strike down Alma once and for all. As Doku prepares to kill Rachel and complete the ritual, Alma, who managed to retain some humanity (this is what makes the Greater Fiends much stronger than regular Fiends), rushes forward, outpacing Ryu, and cuts Rachel loose while simultaneously taking the hit meant for Rachel. Alma's Fiend body explodes, leaving her in human form, where she wakes up and dies in Rachel's arms.

Rachel isn't seen again until the last chapter of the game, where after killing the Holy Vigoorian Emperor, Ryu is trapped in the Underworld with no way out. Then he hears Rachel calling out to him. Rachel managed to make it to the underworld and used her grappling hook (which is basically a wrist-mounted version of Batman's grapnel) to stay anchored to the normal world so she can get them both out. Ryu manages to make his way to her, and they both escape as her grappling hook pulls them both to safety. When they get out, they're met by Gamov and The Dark Disciple. The Dark Disciple uses the Dark Dragon Blade to kill Gamov and reveals himself to be Murai, the first boss in the game. Murai uses the power of the Dark Dragon Blade to transform into the devil incarnate. Ryu orders Rachel to stay back while he takes care of this. After Ryu kills Murai and shatters the Dark Dragon Blade, Rachel clearly wants him. He simply tells her that the current danger has passed, transforms into a falcon, and flies off.

BTW, I haven't played either Sigma game yet (it's on my to do list), so ask someone else for those details.

Now to answer your question, yes, I like Rachel. She's a very powerful character, easily the 10th most powerful canon-wise behind the Ninjas and Kasumi clones. While it sucks that she's reduced to a damsel in distress twice, it's more because while she is powerful, she hasn't had to fight anything stronger than a normal Fiend until the events of Ninja Gaiden. While she probably could have beaten Doku, she never had a need to rely on much more than brute force, which you certainly need to beat him, but you also need superior agility and endurance. From what I can tell from gameplay videos from the Sigma games and Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi appearances, she's worked very hard to correct the agility deficiency, though she is still lacking compared to the Ninjas, though in her defense, the Ninjas have been training their entire lives while she has only been working on matching them for roughly 4 years.

Also, her original voice actress was Tara Strong. So that's a plus.
---
Video games don't make people more violent, and I'll kill anyone who disagrees. c§xxxxx{##################################>
#9Solar20xx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2014 12:33:11 AM
Zero Beat posted...
For those of you who have not played Ninja Gaiden: Her family carries fiend blood. This gives them superhuman strength but makes them susceptible to becoming the very monsters they fight. She spent Ninja Gaiden hunting down her sister Alma who had become a greater fiend. When she has the chance to kill her after Ryu had beaten Alma, she can't.

Later on, she tries to fight Doku, Lord of the Greater Fiends and the monster who slaughtered the Hayabusa Village to get the Dark Dragon Blade and killed Ryu in the beginning of the game. She loses and winds up kidnapped by Doku and is used as a sacrifice to make Alma even more powerful. Ryu interrupts this sacrifice before any permanent damage is done and uses his True Dragon Sword to strike down Alma once and for all. As Doku prepares to kill Rachel and complete the ritual, Alma, who managed to retain some humanity (this is what makes the Greater Fiends much stronger than regular Fiends), rushes forward, outpacing Ryu, and cuts Rachel loose while simultaneously taking the hit meant for Rachel. Alma's Fiend body explodes, leaving her in human form, where she wakes up and dies in Rachel's arms.

Rachel isn't seen again until the last chapter of the game, where after killing the Holy Vigoorian Emperor, Ryu is trapped in the Underworld with no way out. Then he hears Rachel calling out to him. Rachel managed to make it to the underworld and used her grappling hook (which is basically a wrist-mounted version of Batman's grapnel) to stay anchored to the normal world so she can get them both out. Ryu manages to make his way to her, and they both escape as her grappling hook pulls them both to safety. When they get out, they're met by Gamov and The Dark Disciple. The Dark Disciple uses the Dark Dragon Blade to kill Gamov and reveals himself to be Murai, the first boss in the game. Murai uses the power of the Dark Dragon Blade to transform into the devil incarnate. Ryu orders Rachel to stay back while he takes care of this. After Ryu kills Murai and shatters the Dark Dragon Blade, Rachel clearly wants him. He simply tells her that the current danger has passed, transforms into a falcon, and flies off.

BTW, I haven't played either Sigma game yet (it's on my to do list), so ask someone else for those details.

Now to answer your question, yes, I like Rachel. She's a very powerful character, easily the 10th most powerful canon-wise behind the Ninjas and Kasumi clones. While it sucks that she's reduced to a damsel in distress twice, it's more because while she is powerful, she hasn't had to fight anything stronger than a normal Fiend until the events of Ninja Gaiden. While she probably could have beaten Doku, she never had a need to rely on much more than brute force, which you certainly need to beat him, but you also need superior agility and endurance. From what I can tell from gameplay videos from the Sigma games and Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi appearances, she's worked very hard to correct the agility deficiency, though she is still lacking compared to the Ninjas, though in her defense, the Ninjas have been training their entire lives while she has only been working on matching them for roughly 4 years.

Also, her original voice actress was Tara Strong. So that's a plus.

Thank you for that wonderful description. I never played NG games so I never knew. And I love Tara Strong!

I would like her more if you would've posted that earlier, but I already chose Other so lol. Sorry. Thanks for that though. I need to get started on the games whenever i have a chance at finding them.
---
Crap, I edit a lot.
#10BasementDudePosted 6/21/2014 12:49:23 AM
mmm business suit rachel
---
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 448,519,492