Ignoring Sonic Generations, it seems they will slowly increase...

#1_Taidow_Posted 6/8/2013 1:58:17 PM
the number of characters appearing in the main games. I'm saying this only including the new voice actor cast.

Sonic Colors
- Sonic
- Tails
- Dr. Eggman
- Orbot and Cubot

Sonic Lost World
- Sonic
- Tails
- Knuckles
- Amy
- Dr. Eggman
- Deadly Six

Is anyone hoping that they continue having small-ish casts in the games? Perhaps one game can Have Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Rouge, and Eggman, or a mix of different characters that one might not except to see together.

I'm really hoping Big and Omega interact more with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles when they appear as they seem to mostly be outside of the circle.

With the new writers and voice actors I really think they can freshen up the characters and their interactions with each other. I excluded Generations as it was basically a anniversary game with that kinda required those characters in a shallow format. Although I may be wrong about that.

It's just a thought that I had. What do you guys think?
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#2talesfan215Posted 6/8/2013 2:00:55 PM
I honestly don't know why they stopped making the hand-held games with multiple playable characters, they were fine there. Why not make Tails playable in Sonic Rush 1/2 and Sonic Colors?
#3PsychoPiano999Posted 6/8/2013 3:45:16 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Big is currently retired from the series.
#4tmnt2012xPosted 6/8/2013 5:59:42 PM
Maybe next game will be:

Sonic (playable)
Tails (playable)
Knuckles (playable)
Amy
Eggman (end boss)
Metal
Orbot/Cubot
New one off friend
New one off villain
Shadow (cameo)
Blaze (cameo)
#5talesfan215Posted 6/8/2013 6:02:03 PM
Wonder if the next main Sonic game will be on PS4. The three games for Wii U are already announced after all.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#6EdwardoMario16Posted 6/8/2013 6:31:04 PM
I think Sega is slowly re-introducing/re-tooling the Sonic cast after butchering them throughout the 2000's. Big (Whom nobody liked) is gone forever, and I think it will a mighty long time before the likes of Shadow, Blaze and Silver even show their mugs in a main game ever again.

Sonic, Tails, and Eggman were fun in Colors, now it's time for Amy and Knux to get a chance at redemption.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#7_Taidow_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2013 7:32:16 PM
Why exactly is Big "gone forever"? Especially as he was supposed to be in Generations.
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#8Catcher_FreemanPosted 6/8/2013 7:48:40 PM
Big was retired because he was unpopular.

He didn't return in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed.

And it has nothing to do with his Japanese voice actor dying, as Shun Yashiro only voiced Big in Adventure and Shuffle. He was replaced with Takashi Nagasako (the same guy currently voices Donkey Kong and Ganondorf) in Heroes.
#9SR71haloPosted 6/8/2013 8:18:56 PM
talesfan215 posted...
Wonder if the next main Sonic game will be on PS4. The three games for Wii U are already announced after all.

What's the third game?
---
Xbox One: taking gaming 359 steps backwards
#10talesfan215Posted 6/8/2013 8:37:09 PM
SR71halo posted...
talesfan215 posted...

What's the third game?

Sonic Lost World, Mario and Sonic Racing, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Not sure if the kart racing is real though.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.