I'm feeling a bit evil, here's some facts for your reaction

#1ItIsAPsyBorgPosted 8/24/2013 6:59:37 AM
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not buying this game on the Xbox One; I just want to see the reactions of people who are. Expect a bit of bias herein.

First, let's go over the obvious:

- This series has always sold better on the 360. You and I are probably 360 players.
- As an addendum to the above, this game's preorders for the 360 practically double that of the PS3's.
- This series' message boards always top the 360 section of GameFAQs, and this is not always the case for the PS3 section.
- This board tops the Xbox One section of GameFAQs.

So, now that we've established the MS-centricity of this series, take in this wonderful truth:

- This game is preordered more on the PS4 than it is on the Xbox One.

How does this affect your purchasing decision, if it all?

Are you concerned about your game experience or the Xbox One in any way?

Do you think that 360 players will "upgrade" en masse to beat the PS4's numbers in spite of the fact that many are casual players?

Is timed DLC preventing would-be PS4 purchasers?

Is this series really the system seller it once was?

Source: http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
#2uchihajuan176Posted 8/24/2013 7:06:18 AM
Here we go

- Doesnt affect my decision one bit

-Not concerned at all MILLIONS of people buy it and i will enjoy it

-They might

-Doubt it

-Maybe not either way it will outsell any other launch title
---
GT: Ayooooooo JJB PSN : JayJayBeeeeeeeee
Black 2 FC : 0820-3340-2536
#3EvocoPosted 8/24/2013 7:15:39 AM(edited)
I am torn right now

1) I did not want to get an Xbox One, as I wanted to avoid paying another $500+ for the X1 right now when I am already getting the PS4

2) IW announces dedicated servers on the X1

3) I start to get more curious for playing a COD with enhanced graphics, sure I always enjoyed my COD experiences on my 360, but was thinking of just getting the next gen version this time instead of the current gen....even if the player count is not as grand as the current XBOX 360 / PS3 player count

4) I then realize that I can just get Ghosts for the PS4, but I never thought I would bother with a COD game on a PlayStation console...but thinking about it, why not I asked? It's just having to adjust to the DualShock controller this one time for a COD game. But then, not sure if PS4 will have dedicated servers

5) Then there is the conflict where I may want to upgrade my PCs GTX 660 Ti incase it cannot run BF4 on max, but if my 660 Ti can max out BF4, then I can potentially save the money I would have spend on a video card upgrade and maybe put it towards a X1? And also PCs will also be getting dedicated servers for Ghosts, so that's a plus

6) Overall I would like to keep my COD experience to the XBOX, but this time it is tricky

7) And of course, way too much analyzing for something as trivial as which system to get a COD on...lol...>_<
#4Aether_LyricPosted 8/24/2013 7:18:47 AM
Actually 360 and PS3 sales for CoD were already very close to each other. Also vgchartz is a joke of a source.
#5uchihajuan176Posted 8/24/2013 7:24:05 AM
Theres a %95 chance PS4 wont be getting dedicated servers for Ghosts id say
---
#6EdwardDarkstarPosted 8/24/2013 8:29:22 AM
All I have to say-
PS4 probably will beat X1 in gaming aspects. Probably not by much though.

X1 dominates in every other way, some parts dominate more than others.

X1 also gets all CoD DLC 1 month earlier. For me it's a BIG +.

Majority doesn't affect me, the extra $100 for the X1 isn't a big deal, so I choose the X1.

and don't bother ranting about this. I already know someone will want to.
---
Pokemon...
Water ftw! Samurott ftw!
#7Gibbs0o0Posted 8/24/2013 8:33:13 AM
I feel like there is a 95% chance cod will have dedicated servers on PS$. Sony would be shooting itself in the foot if they don't help with dedicated servers.
---
XBL: G1bb0s
#8lechaflanPosted 8/24/2013 9:34:20 AM
Depending on circumstances, I'm getting this on PS3 cuz most of the ppl I play with won't get a next gen immediately and I don't mind worse graphics for free multiplayer. If I like it enough, I'll get it for PC to have the likely dedicated servers (the only CoD to not have dedis AFAIK is MW2) AND free online. Best of both worlds I'd say.
---
http://cosplay.com/member/128253 - Jabbawockee/ P4 Dojima/ ToGf Hubert
now: SSF4AE2012 PC, ProjectXZone, BBCSE, DevilSurvivor2, GodsEaterBurst, TalesofXillia
#9uchihajuan176Posted 8/24/2013 9:46:54 AM
Gibbs0o0 posted...
I feel like there is a 95% chance cod will have dedicated servers on PS$. Sony would be shooting itself in the foot if they don't help with dedicated servers.

You obviously dont know how much it will cost Sony to put Dedicated servers on a game as large as CoD when they have to pay full price for them. the only reason X1 is getting it is because microsoft is offering the Azure Cloud to every developer at little to no cost. Dont hold your breath buddy
---
#10RoketomanPosted 8/25/2013 10:40:32 AM
uchihajuan176 posted...
Gibbs0o0 posted...

You obviously dont know how much it will cost Sony to put Dedicated servers on a game as large as CoD when they have to pay full price for them. the only reason X1 is getting it is because microsoft is offering the Azure Cloud to every developer at little to no cost. Dont hold your breath buddy

Only other way that PS4 Ghosts would get dedicated servers is if Activision did it. And we all know they would never do something like that.
---
Jesus Christ is Lord