question for vets or pros to the cod series

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. question for vets or pros to the cod series
2 years ago#1
I've been playing since cod 4 and I've always just used the tv sound with the standard controller. I'm not saying I'm the best or there bit i do pretty well.

Does any one out here use special controllers like scuf or headsets like turtle beaches? If so do you recommend them for a serious gamer or is it looked down upon in the community to do these things? I'm asking because I'm thinking about joining a major clan soon finally and herring into the tournament scene and clan wars.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
2 years ago#2
hell yes . If you're a serious gamer and play this often, with money to spare why not buy them? who cares what others think on the other side of the screen . as long as you aren't cheating you're fine

as soon as Im back from Afghanistan I'm buying a scuf controller and headsets
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
2 years ago#3
Well i don't care for controllers, having a decent headset is awesome though ... not only because of the in game advatages (specifically in CoD, aka soundwhoring), it's also MUCH more comfortable to wear and definitely has better sound/chat quality compared to that pos standard headset.
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
3DS friend Code: 5413 - 0087 - 2782
1 year ago#4
EridKaiser posted...
I've been playing since cod 4 and I've always just used the tv sound with the standard controller. I'm not saying I'm the best or there bit i do pretty well.

Does any one out here use special controllers like scuf or headsets like turtle beaches? If so do you recommend them for a serious gamer or is it looked down upon in the community to do these things? I'm asking because I'm thinking about joining a major clan soon finally and herring into the tournament scene and clan wars.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

I have a headset, Turtle beach PX5's with adjustable sound. Not really to soundwhore as i am so awful with or without them it's not funny! I use them as its just better sound quality than my tv but mainly coz my wife works in the living room and i don't disturb her when I'm playing. Thought about getting a scuf or imagine controller but i not good enough to justify spending that much money on a controller. Would be nice to try one & see if it'd help any. Good luck, get a cheap(er) headset and see how you like it (borrow one or buy 2nd hand), then upgrade if you like it! I got my PX5's off Amazon as seconds for about 60.
---
"They mostly come at night, mostly."
1 year ago#5
Sigh

This is the problem with CoD and it's gaming community . Headphones to soundwhore = an advantage. Scuf controller. = an advantage. Now you want to be "competitive". Having advantages over other players is not being competitive at all. Not relying on modded controllers and sound whoring devices makes it an even fair playing field for everyone. But there are too many kids out there who will use any advantage / cheat possible forgetting the fact that they're not so great unless they're using advantages like sound whoring ect. CoD is s*** now recognised by majority of its community because you guys who wanna go the extra mile for ya precious little k/d take the game too far and make it unfun.
1 year ago#6
Headsets can help you, but it doesn't mean u you will automatically be good if thats what your looking for...i played mw3 and mw2 without headsets and ive dropped moabs after moabs and nukes..without a headset or scuf..and ive dropped 58 kems without a scuf

Now that im stable at work and can buy what i want im going to buy a scuf ,bought some astros last year...i like having a good sound quality instead of a 24inch monitor speaker any day....even though theyre not necessary.

Don't worry about the negative people..theyll always be there..Enjoy what you want.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
1 year ago#7
werkz_destroyz posted...
Headsets can help you, but it doesn't mean u you will automatically be good if thats what your looking for...i played mw3 and mw2 without headsets and ive dropped moabs after moabs and nukes..without a headset or scuf..and ive dropped 58 kems without a scuf

Now that im stable at work and can buy what i want im going to buy a scuf ,bought some astros last year...i like having a good sound quality instead of a 24inch monitor speaker any day....even though theyre not necessary.

Don't worry about the negative people..theyll always be there..Enjoy what you want.

Exactly.
---
"They mostly come at night, mostly."
1 year ago#8
I don't use anything other than the First-Party wired controllers. I think that using headphones for an advantage is okay (some people just prefer the sound quality; I have a surround system that probably works better than most headphones, but my entertainment system is also used for more than just gaming).

However, I don't think that using controllers designed for giving an advantage is fair. It's one thing to get a smaller controller just for the size of it, but when trigger-stops, added buttons/hotkeys, and different button-placement is used, it's not right.
Granted, it would be next-to impossible to truly have an equal playing field (same tv/monitor, same internet connection, same controller, same sound settings and output, etc.), but that doesn't mean that you should try to get any and every advantage you can. If everyone were on an equal playing field, then any advantage would either be skill, placement in-game, having a weapon better suited for the situation, or any combination of those three.
---
True Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion. Learn it; live it.
Check out my ZuuF facebook page for occasional rants, poems, and lame jokes (of DOOM!!!).
1 year ago#9
I do recommend a headset like a turtle beach whether you want to go big or not. This game is clearly a sound whoring game. I played this on the 360 and I was a fine player at it, but when I switch to Xbox one I didn't realize the headset isn't compatible with it. My game play dropped dramatically.

Having a headset is like a real life perk. You're practically in the game with the sound coming from specific spots. No one can sneak up on you, but when I'm play on the xbox one with nubs, it seems like dead silence perk and amplify perk are pointless to carry around since you can't even hear anything without the headset.
---
xbl: ComeAtMeBrody
1 year ago#10
I think they have some sort of adapter for that ... well i'm still trying to figure out what place sells them but i've seen pictures of it ... lol
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
3DS friend Code: 5413 - 0087 - 2782
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. question for vets or pros to the cod series

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived