Next Map Pack(Aug Release Probably) What map would do you want to return?

#1TormentedDossPosted 7/18/2014 8:21:15 AM
What map would you like to see remade?
Personally I want to see Bootleg or Arkaden make a return. They were both really fun maps to play!
#2RandomGeordiePosted 7/18/2014 1:28:22 PM
Carbon or Seatown if it's another MW3 map, or Highrise or Quarry from MW2.

To be fair though I wouldn't say no to the majority of the MW2 maps.
#3shadowsfall42Posted 7/18/2014 8:26:51 PM
They've done two maps from MW2 and a map from MW3. As much as I want a MW2 map like Highrise, Wasteland or Sub Base, they will definitely do a map from CoD4 next. It seems to me to be the best option regarding returning maps.

However a completely original map would IMO be much better. I also am sure that the next map pack will be released in September, seeing as we would have seen information about it a full month beforehand like with previous map packs and July is reaching it's end.
#4RandomGeordiePosted 7/19/2014 2:06:12 AM
shadowsfall42 posted...
They've done two maps from MW2 and a map from MW3. As much as I want a MW2 map like Highrise, Wasteland or Sub Base, they will definitely do a map from CoD4 next. It seems to me to be the best option regarding returning maps.

However a completely original map would IMO be much better. I also am sure that the next map pack will be released in September, seeing as we would have seen information about it a full month beforehand like with previous map packs and July is reaching it's end.

You're probably right about it being a COD4 map. I didn't play it all that much (I started at WaW) so I couldn't really pick a map from that game I'd like to see. I think there's one with a dried up river bed and a wooden bridge? Could be wrong! That was decent anyway.

4 original maps would be nice but we know how they go with these things now, so it's unlikely. But if they did, where would you like to see a new map based? What kind of location?

On releases, are they usually every 2 months? I'm pretty sure so far it's been end of Jan, April, June. Which leaves August next. Although an early August release would seem out of the question now.
#5shadowsfall42Posted 7/19/2014 7:15:54 AM
You're probably right about it being a COD4 map. I didn't play it all that much (I started at WaW) so I couldn't really pick a map from that game I'd like to see. I think there's one with a dried up river bed and a wooden bridge? Could be wrong! That was decent anyway.

4 original maps would be nice but we know how they go with these things now, so it's unlikely. But if they did, where would you like to see a new map based? What kind of location?

On releases, are they usually every 2 months? I'm pretty sure so far it's been end of Jan, April, June. Which leaves August next. Although an early August release would seem out of the question now.

I started on MW2 but a while after that came out, I bought CoD4 and played it for a couple months. Couldn't tell you a single map but I enjoyed the simplicity. I also bought WaW, fell in love with zombies right there and then, but I couldn't enjoy any other part of it.

I don't know about specific locations, but personally I would love a snowy mountain like map, medium-small sized, it being a village, with only a few open cabins. And a field order that brings down an avalanche and actually changes the terrain to a more open field with parts of the bigger cabins and stuff. Or a snowy forest with a field order to call in a pack of wolves that run through the forest just once and then disappear. (Don't mind me I love snow maps.)

The first DLC came out nearly 3 months after the game release, the second 2 months later, the third was only 1 month, which I suspect was because of two things, one being not having a weapon to have to design and code and balance, and two because they wouldn't want the fourth and final DLC to come out for everybody else when the next CoD is released. That's why I think they didn't make a weapon for DLC 3. But the next one I'm sure will be out for Xbox in September and then October for everybody else. Mostly because we haven't actually seen anything about it, so I suspect we'll see something start of August.
#6RandomGeordiePosted 7/19/2014 12:02:23 PM
I love a snow map too, don't worry. I dunno what it is about them, probably because they just feel like they're different to the usual stuff.

I'd like something perhaps a bit different. Maybe an island. Possibly that's supposed to be in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle, with dynamic weather (or at least changing weather) and the field order to be calling in something crazy like a storm or whatever or maybe just having a plane of some sort be brought down (a bit like the satellite crash on that huge map I can't remember the name of). The plane would smash through the middle of the map and come to rest at one end, making a big ditch and wiping out trees etc.

Hmm your logic makes sense, but if we go off last years DLC releases it's probably going to be around the end of August. I'm pretty sure it coincided with the week of a Bank Holiday in the uk, so a lot of piece were off work etc.
#7shadowsfall42Posted 7/19/2014 8:02:16 PM
I love a snow map too, don't worry. I dunno what it is about them, probably because they just feel like they're different to the usual stuff.

I'd like something perhaps a bit different. Maybe an island. Possibly that's supposed to be in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle, with dynamic weather (or at least changing weather) and the field order to be calling in something crazy like a storm or whatever or maybe just having a plane of some sort be brought down (a bit like the satellite crash on that huge map I can't remember the name of). The plane would smash through the middle of the map and come to rest at one end, making a big ditch and wiping out trees etc.

Hmm your logic makes sense, but if we go off last years DLC releases it's probably going to be around the end of August. I'm pretty sure it coincided with the week of a Bank Holiday in the uk, so a lot of piece were off work etc.

That could be a difficult process to make, the changing weather. But I like the concept and field order idea. However field orders I've noticed are more things you call in, crashing a plane seems more like it would be a scripted event, similar to the debris crashing down on Ignition and less of something you call down. You know what I mean? Like, the artillery strike on Warhawk or Bayview, or the cannon barrage on Mutiny, even the satellite crash on Whiteout seems like something you call down.

Well either way we'll see. If it's the end of this month it'll probably be end of August, but if it's the beginning of August, September release. That's what I think'll happen anyway.
#8kingbahamut83Posted 7/20/2014 12:21:31 PM
Quarry sounds good. I'd still like to see crossfire or pipeline from cod4 make an appearance.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#9Mr_PopelPosted 7/21/2014 1:42:37 AM
Offshore/Decomission, Oasis/Sactuary/Foundation, Highrise/Wasteland/Estate/Storm/Rundown

... any of the above for me, esp. Offshore though
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
3DS friend Code: 5413 - 0087 - 2782
#10RandomGeordiePosted 7/21/2014 5:45:08 AM
I did quite like estate, decent balance of short/medium/long range engagements, and nice elevation etc.