Not able to install Battlefield 4?

#1PenguinKoalaPosted 11/23/2013 11:34:34 AM
Ok when I'm on xbox live and try to install it gets stuck at 0%

When I cancel the install and try doing the install offline it works and finishes it at 100%

I try and play online, so I sign back into my xbox live account and then bam I need another update in order to play battlefield

So i start the update and then it starts at 96% and it's stuck there

I'm able to play battlefield single player when I'm offline, but I'm trying to play the multiplayer

Anyone else experience this issue and know how to solve it?
#2PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:36:23 AM
The install only works when I unplug my ethernet cable and make my xbox be offline

When it's online the installs don't work at all
#3calibus11Posted 11/23/2013 11:45:47 AM
There is an 1100 mb update that has to take place before it will install...

How long have you waited before cancelling?
#4PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:47:11 AM
calibus11 posted...

Probably like 5-6 minutes, but I stopped it because it was staying at 0%

Should I just reinstall and do the update before and wait it out?
#5PenguinKoala(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 11:56:10 AM
calibus11 posted...

Should it say installing when it does this update?

How do I do the update before I install?
#6viper827Posted 11/25/2013 10:16:49 AM
when i installed call of duty from the disc plus a 1.5gb update, it sat on 0% for a while. I think it downloads the update before installing the game. I got fed up with waiting, and just did it over night when i went to sleep. My internet sucks pretty bad right now. So after a few hours it was still under 5%
#7viper827Posted 11/25/2013 10:20:20 AM
I just put in the disc, and let it do what ever it had to do automatically. This isn't like the 360 where disc installs progressed at a steady rate. Just be patient and find something else to do.
#8narfaPosted 11/25/2013 10:26:24 AM
Yeah, I am currently house sitting for family and the internet connection is awful. There is an initial download of at least a gig for a game update, like another user said. It took me a couple hours from the time I put the disc in until I was finally able to play it. It was at zero forever and then, when I came back about three hours later, it was done. No clue how it works.
---
black out or get out.
#9CupOPwnSaucePosted 11/26/2013 9:59:34 AM
PenguinKoala posted...
calibus11 posted...

Probably like 5-6 minutes, but I stopped it because it was staying at 0%

Should I just reinstall and do the update before and wait it out?

Wait it out, the install takes much longer than 5-6 minutes.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/lRoboToast
Twitter - @lrobotoast
#10R1KM4NPosted 12/6/2013 6:48:16 PM
Glad I read this thread, I was getting worried as I have been sitting on 0% for about 30 minutes. My internet connection is terrible, so if it does download the 1GB update prior to installation beginning, this is why it is still at 0%. I'm just going to leave it and see what happens. I know discs can be read as I managed to watch a DVD already.

My only real complaint is things like this aren't explained to well on the XBO. I'm hoping they patch in a download manager like what was in the 360. At least then you can see how much has been downloaded, as well as swapping the order of multiple downloads.
---
Gamertag - R1KM4N
I lol'd