No manual transmission???

#1revolixPosted 11/20/2013 4:11:16 PM
I was actually excited for this game, I haven't enjoyed a need for speed game since underground 1 and 2 an this reminded me of forza horizon a bit, I liked hot pursuit and I was excited for cop chases. And the open world but i always use manual transmission. And I'm about to play and its not an option. I'm bummed but ill get used to it I guess
#2jeremysixPosted 11/20/2013 6:32:20 PM
I don't think they've had manual transmission since Shift 2. This is an arcade racer, not simulation.
---
PSN: kingdutch
"Are you gonna do somethin' or just stand there and bleed?"
#3patcooper114Posted 11/20/2013 6:33:11 PM
this topic made me lol
---
psn= patcooper
#4addiction2teaPosted 12/3/2013 3:53:56 AM
@ patcooper : you are the only one to laugh ....

I guess my dear American fellows can't drive a car without an automatic gear, nowadays...
Too bad...

I'm laughing now... ridiculous...
#5Terry-bogardPosted 12/3/2013 5:39:41 AM
patcooper114 posted...
this topic made me lol

@ patcooper114 , I confirm you are the only one to laugh.

Manual gears means much better control of your car. It's much more interesting in a game AND with a real car. 2 pedal cars are meant for elderly and drivers in training.

This is one of the two real issues with this game , no manual gears and only two points of views.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#6jcosta223Posted 12/3/2013 7:49:56 AM
ummm.... this is an arcade racer. im all for manual on my gran turismos and forzas but in a game where you have enough to worry about like cops, traffic, weapons, roadblocks and turns at 100+ mph... i don't think shifting gears would be a good idea. just silly to even being upset about it imo.
#7Terry-bogardPosted 12/4/2013 2:37:56 AM
jcosta223 posted...
ummm.... this is an arcade racer. im all for manual on my gran turismos and forzas but in a game where you have enough to worry about like cops, traffic, weapons, roadblocks and turns at 100+ mph... i don't think shifting gears would be a good idea. just silly to even being upset about it imo.

Well , to me it's an issue , even with having to pay attention to traffic , weapons and cops/racers I still manage to watch a movie on my laptop. Having a racer game with automatic gears shift is like playing on beginner mode. It should at least be an option ,so that players who want to play an easy mode can.

Look at my signature , it's been the same for years.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#8Tman229Posted 12/4/2013 8:13:23 AM
Pretend they are all using dual clutch.
---
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51
#9ThanatosIkkePosted 12/6/2013 3:18:45 AM
I really don't care, this isn't Forza. Only time when I miss manual transmission is when you have to get going from a standstill, most cars are kinda hitchy at that point. For the rest this game is too arcade for manual transmission to really matter.
#10memriiPosted 12/8/2013 12:41:18 PM
Somebody dislikes America