Missing Jumps?

#1DeSanguinistPosted 11/23/2013 10:04:12 AM
I currently have 72 of the 77 jumps in this game and I can't seem to find any of the 5 left. I looked around in Overwatch so I could zoom in and see if any of them were being hidden by any of the icons but no dice. I was driving around and I did find one that was not marked and I didn't receive any credit for making the jump. Are the last 5 jumps missing due to a bug? Here's a video of my discovery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYQSP8hWd8E&feature=youtu.be
---
PSN: DBS1999
#2LollybombPosted 11/23/2013 10:11:45 AM
Overwatch doesn't show them unless you've already logged an entry on the speedwall.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#3DeSanguinist(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 10:13:56 AM
Lollybomb posted...
Overwatch doesn't show them unless you've already logged an entry on the speedwall.

I thought that might be the case, I appreciate the answer. The question remains, is the jump I found in the video supposed to be marked or not?
---
#4LollybombPosted 11/23/2013 10:24:24 AM
That I don't know. I was in that area last night and found a different jump that I had significant trouble getting to register. Coming from the other direction (and the outlet will jump you right into that tunnel) there are a pair of jumps. Every time I tried for the second one though, it wouldn't register. Eventually I did it by landing the first jump, waiting for the rankings for that jump to go away, and then doing the next one down the line. If you can think of any other areas with two jumps right in a row, try looking there. If you don't already know, jumps (really any collectible) you haven't completed appear as grey on the minimap.

I tend to not take jumps, so I can't simply say "I got them all, here's a list." I can try poking around that area when I play later today. At the moment, I'm heading out for a couple hours.
---
#5LollybombPosted 11/24/2013 6:26:52 PM
Well, all I know now is that there are some jumps that I just can't get to register, and there's no question that they're actual tracked jumps because they have the icon, and even a best distance from one of my friends. Yet no matter how many times I go off it, or how much I beat my friend's distance by, it refuses to acknowledge it.

Oh, and I just discovered this about Overwatch. You can sort of cheat the map to try and find jumps you've missed. Click on Rival Comparison, and then just look for jumps that have a thin red outline. Thick red means the selected rival has beaten your jump, but thin red means you haven't set a distance on a jump they have.
---
#6DeSanguinist(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 8:14:32 AM
Lollybomb posted...
Well, all I know now is that there are some jumps that I just can't get to register, and there's no question that they're actual tracked jumps because they have the icon, and even a best distance from one of my friends. Yet no matter how many times I go off it, or how much I beat my friend's distance by, it refuses to acknowledge it.

Oh, and I just discovered this about Overwatch. You can sort of cheat the map to try and find jumps you've missed. Click on Rival Comparison, and then just look for jumps that have a thin red outline. Thick red means the selected rival has beaten your jump, but thin red means you haven't set a distance on a jump they have.

Now for an Update: I have found all 77 of the jumps. The video I posted wasn't one of the jumps (obviously). That being said, I think it is a poor design decision to have jumps in the game that look exactly like all the other jumps except that it doesn't have an icon floating above it. This leads to the type of confusion that I had. Granted, I only gave credence to my theory because there are other bugs in the game and I thought this was one of them. I will post a screenshot of the jump locations soon.
---
#7Lollybomb ZeroPosted 11/26/2013 11:06:45 AM
It especially doesn't help that some of the tracked jumps are extremely shallow, and honestly shouldn't be considered jumps. Like the rail bridge in the desert that has one jump for either direction, but no gap between them.

It's good that you managed to find the remaining jumps though. Even if there is no reward for it. On a side note, the jumps that weren't registering for me finally decided to register when I went back during another session.
---
355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!
e^(pi i)+1=0