This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Destiny not as popular as anticipated?

#31TrueThrillaPosted 8/19/2014 6:34:54 AM
Yeah I can dig that. What kills me is people want something different and revolutionary but dislike things for what they are not. Ironic? Yes but flawed logic is still flawed.
---
timed jumps. Dude. We've all played sonic & Mario. I think we can handle jumping on platforms that disappear....MikePaw1 circa 2014
#32uniquebadgerPosted 8/19/2014 9:57:57 AM
I am kind of curious what you expect though. The game still has about 20 days till release and the boards were super busy over the course of the beta, but now there really isn't new information to talk about and a lot of posts are just copies of one another complaining about the same stuff. Also i am wondering if a lot of users have just moved over the the official forums, i have found they are much nicer then Gfaqs
#33TitanJockeyPosted 8/19/2014 10:06:06 AM
The logic isn't flawed. Logic really doesn't apply here. A person either finds something fun, or they don't. My perspective from the beta rings true with many and it also makes no sense to others. I'll be kicking the tires of the full game. It may stick, or it may not. Only time will tell.
#34TrueThrillaPosted 8/19/2014 11:38:47 AM
TitanJockey posted...
The logic isn't flawed. Logic really doesn't apply here. A person either finds something fun, or they don't. My perspective from the beta rings true with many and it also makes no sense to others. I'll be kicking the tires of the full game. It may stick, or it may not. Only time will tell.

Sry wasn't calling you out on the logic thing just saying in general.
---
timed jumps. Dude. We've all played sonic & Mario. I think we can handle jumping on platforms that disappear....MikePaw1 circa 2014
#35TitanJockeyPosted 8/19/2014 12:06:55 PM
Play games and have fun.
#36BoxTheMuppetPosted 8/19/2014 4:19:10 PM
This game is super popular amongst people that play the Xbox one in my house. Those that play have said that Destiny is "awesome" and "fun". Others have simply said "wow." I interviewed a young man last night on my couch who had this to say, "I want nachos."

Some really powerfully positive opinions if you ask me.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#37ExiledExDeathPosted 8/19/2014 4:26:00 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
This game is super popular amongst people that play the Xbox one in my house. Those that play have said that Destiny is "awesome" and "fun". Others have simply said "wow." I interviewed a young man last night on my couch who had this to say, "I want nachos."

Some really powerfully positive opinions if you ask me.

Exactly.
I asked my 8 year old niece "Do you want to play Destiny, and would you like a piece of candy?" she jumped up and down screaming "YES YES YES, GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!"
---
Leader of the Exiled Guardians, Seeker of Knowledge, and Father of Wolves
Skilled players join my Destiny clan here http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/124787
#38TitanJockeyPosted 8/19/2014 5:24:27 PM
If I ask my dogs if they would like a poop treat, they wag their tails and eat their own poop. When I ask if they would like a Destiny treat, they eat their own poop, etc.. etc.. If I gave my friends 10 yr old 10 dollars for 2 hours of destiny play, she would say Destiny is awesome. The game will please many, irritate many, and make some want to eat dog poop.
#39evildarkscotPosted 8/19/2014 6:53:22 PM
and it doesnt really effect us that are getting it if say 90% of gamefaqs dont get it

wait yes it does thats a good thing :P
---
The wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned.
#40c0rr0s10nPosted 8/20/2014 10:45:46 AM
StirFriday posted...
xXDeviiLXx posted...
Boards arent going to get crazy till the release. I agree though this board is kind of dead, but it's pretty active for a game that hasn't even released yet.

not really

have you seen a pokemon, smash bros, or call of duty forum a month before release?

exactly, the newer diablo 3 wasn't even on top ten til about a week before it released.
---
"I call Shotgun." ~Rex Powercolt