This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Destiny not as popular as anticipated?

#1xixnoahxixPosted 8/17/2014 8:16:10 PM
This is just from Gfaqs that I'm basing this on, but for a game so close to release, and such a big title at that, seems really low on all system boards, it's not even on the top 10 for 360.

I'm not wanting to debate the quality of the game, since opinions and all that, but do you guys think Activision got overly confident with the 500m budget?

I know it's for all 3 games, and marketing, but that's still 166.7m per game, which is still a HUGE investment in terms of video game budgets.

Tell me what you guys think
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM! -- capnovan
#2Gryph-tkPosted 8/17/2014 8:19:42 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamescom-2014-destiny-is-gamestops-most-preordered/1100-6421675/
#3xixnoahxix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 8:24:13 PM(edited)
Gryph-tk posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamescom-2014-destiny-is-gamestops-most-preordered/1100-6421675/

"Most preordered New IP"

That doesn't mean it's one of the most preordered games ever
---
#4evildarkscotPosted 8/17/2014 8:26:57 PM
xixnoahxix posted...
This is just from Gfaqs that I'm basing this on, but for a game so close to release, and such a big title at that, seems really low on all system boards, it's not even on the top 10 for 360.

I'm not wanting to debate the quality of the game, since opinions and all that, but do you guys think Activision got overly confident with the 500m budget?

I know it's for all 3 games, and marketing, but that's still 166.7m per game, which is still a HUGE investment in terms of video game budgets.

marketing cost nothing at all???? can tell you now 500 mill was not even projected for 5 games of destiny

the average game costs like $1-$ 50 mill

Initially, claims made by Activision Blizzard CEO Robert A. Kotick suggested that the development budget of Destiny was around $500 million; however, it was subsequently denied by Bungie's COO Pete Parsons, who stated in an interview that the game's development cost is not even close to the bloated estimate.[25]

the rumours were started by activision and it could of just been to cause publicity cause most gamers would hear about a game costing 500 mill to make

unless they spent like 400 mill + on marketing which still is not part of costs to make the game there is no way this game was even close to 500 mill
---
The wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned.
#5xixnoahxix(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 8:36:11 PM
evildarkscot posted...
xixnoahxix posted...

marketing cost nothing at all???? can tell you now 500 mill was not even projected for 5 games of destiny

the average game costs like $1-$ 50 mill

Initially, claims made by Activision Blizzard CEO Robert A. Kotick suggested that the development budget of Destiny was around $500 million; however, it was subsequently denied by Bungie's COO Pete Parsons, who stated in an interview that the game's development cost is not even close to the bloated estimate.[25]

the rumours were started by activision and it could of just been to cause publicity cause most gamers would hear about a game costing 500 mill to make

unless they spent like 400 mill + on marketing which still is not part of costs to make the game there is no way this game was even close to 500 mill

The 500 mill was for all 3 title's development cost and all 3 advert campaigns.

But my main point was for such a huge first next-gen heavy hitter title, it doesn't seem to have a lot of hype.

I remember the Gears 1 board being crazy before it came out
---
#6xXDeviiLXxPosted 8/17/2014 9:07:13 PM
Boards arent going to get crazy till the release. I agree though this board is kind of dead, but it's pretty active for a game that hasn't even released yet.
---
GT: Casual Carnage
Feel free to message and request
#7evildarkscotPosted 8/17/2014 9:42:40 PM
500 mill was never announced for all 3 or just 1 by the people making it it was said by the company that is in charge of marketing

when bungie say that they plan 500 mill for three gams then ill believe it
---
The wolf does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
A government is a body of people; usually, notably ungoverned.
#8StirFridayPosted 8/18/2014 1:01:43 AM
xXDeviiLXx posted...
Boards arent going to get crazy till the release. I agree though this board is kind of dead, but it's pretty active for a game that hasn't even released yet.

not really

have you seen a pokemon, smash bros, or call of duty forum a month before release?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fnjmw.gif http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif http://i.imgur.com/Fnjmw.gif
#9BoxTheMuppetPosted 8/18/2014 2:55:34 AM
They haven't given us a lot of info since the beta. We have a couple of trailers but nothing concrete to discuss. Want to talk about the redness of mars?
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#10NinjaDeath911Posted 8/18/2014 3:12:40 AM
Considering its after gamescom, yeah......there are other titles above right now
But yeah Destiny definitely has performed unhealthy on the Xbox Boards, probably because people would rather play 10 year old halo games with "no ads" because apparently that's a bad thing