So, for the english version...

#1contownPosted 7/10/2013 11:52:57 AM
Are we going to be getting those new mystic artes and costumes for the original Symphonia? AFAIK, they're not adding new voices so they won't have english voices for the mystic artes. Unless they keep them in Japanese or something I don't see how they'll be in the english version.

Have they said anything about voices? It'd be nice if the skits were voiced somehow, but I doubt it since they couldn't even bring the original VAs back for DotNW. Or are they redoing the voices?
#2JetAurionPosted 7/10/2013 12:12:19 PM(edited)
They're going to troll us by giving us an HD remaster of the GC version.

More seriously, there's apparently not going to be a redub, so who knows how any new content is going to be handled.
---
No bra can withstand the might of Haku's heaving chesticles.
-UriChan
#3tehufnPosted 7/11/2013 12:25:32 PM
Apparently there will be no re-dubbing whatsoever, and the original Japanese audio will be included (which has voiced all of the skits)

This will be based off of the PS2 version not the GameCubes, so we get all of the bonuses this time XD
---
Nail
Creator of the Saurus
#4Doom_InfinitePosted 7/14/2013 5:00:22 PM
I'm guessing they won't have voices for those for those in the English dub.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#5Judqement8Posted 7/15/2013 4:04:24 AM
They will go with generic screams and lines from the story dialogue or battle sounds. Like Lloyd would be all "BURN TO OBLIVION!" if he had a new MA, too bad that he doesn't.
#6TroyDun05Posted 7/15/2013 11:35:14 AM
Might be a dumb question but does a "no re-dub" imply that no new lines (or skits) will be voiced by the old voice actors?

I thought it just meant that they wouldn't hire current/new voice actors to re-record the whole game.
---
Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#7SayjinPosted 7/15/2013 11:37:30 AM
It simply means they aren't redoing the dub from scratch.
#8SynyardPosted 7/15/2013 1:57:53 PM
TroyDun05 posted...
Might be a dumb question but does a "no re-dub" imply that no new lines (or skits) will be voiced by the old voice actors?

I thought it just meant that they wouldn't hire current/new voice actors to re-record the whole game.

You know, I hadn't even considered it but maybe they will get the old actors back? I mean, yes the majority of them have gone union but if all they do is voice a few in-battle lines then surely it wouldn't be that big of a monetary problem for Namco, right?
---
"the world is my shower."
-darkzero16