What do you think had the worst Grade system in the series?

#11RixxellPosted 2/2/2014 9:21:10 PM
Milla had it right when she said Graces. However, if you did take the effort to get what was needed done(especially things like filling the Collector Book, getting a 999 hit combo, hunting down all Soul Orbs, and beating the game on Chaos because almost all of these transfer between files) and have enough for just about everything, a Graces NG+ can be very fun.
---
When trolls are this obvious, their stupidity flows off in waves. I can channel these waves of stupidity and get stronger from it. - Milla_Maxwell
#12NolanKryptonitePosted 2/2/2014 10:46:23 PM
I must be the only person who liked Graces' system. If you did the side quests and played on Chaos, you pretty much had enough for everything you really need to transfer. Sure, no EXPx10 and All Skills and All Titles Mastered, but... yeah.

Out of the ones I played, probably Symphonia, because you don't get enough unless you grind pretty much, or have lots of playthroughs under your belt.
#13God_of_HumilityPosted 2/2/2014 11:28:52 PM(edited)
Graces had a good system if you bothered to do some sidequests and master titles. Granted, you probably didn't have enough if you like to start a NG+ right after completing the game but I didn't have any problem with it.

Xillia had a far worse Grade system. It has a cap on how much you can have (so you can't buy everything) and Grade is acquired by doing a lot of grinding.
#14C_ieloPosted 2/2/2014 11:09:02 PM
Yeeeah, I don't recall Graces ever giving me trouble with Grade and my first playthrough wasn't above moderate and sometimes hard. I actually didn't know the conditions for obtaining it, so I was pretty surprised when I went to the Grade shop and had enough for almost everything.

The most barebones shop I've seen was Destiny DC. Only eight options, and you get only one point for clearing the game. And since you can't go above hard on your first playthrough, at most you can get two points by beating the final boss on a hard. At least most stuff carries over automatically, but I'd have wanted more. So stingy. >__>
#15AysanderPosted 2/3/2014 2:33:34 AM
...Just noticed in my previous post, I put Xillia, when I meant graces...too late to edit.
---
3DSxl FC: 3411-1479-0080
Not changing this signature until I get my Planeptune Action RPG :/
#16BLACK_CAT_ANIMEPosted 2/3/2014 4:18:15 AM
I think Tales of Graces f had the worst grade system. I hated grinding for hours for very little grade and no longer getting grade from combat like vesper:(

P.S. no equipment, only half gald, and other things I may have forgotten. Which is why I only did one new game+ since you lose all the hard work you've gained in daulizing gear:(
#17VeghEstherPosted 2/3/2014 7:48:53 AM
That's why I said if a final boss wasn't worth any grade at all then I end a first run with only 500 to 600 grade.

But even with the 100 added on 1500 grade is still low when Symphonia needs at least 10,000 to max it out.

As for Xillia 1 I ended a first run with only 4700 grade which is still enough to make a NG+ file broken: shop levels, 2x material points for shop levels, Devils Arm kills and both 2x and 5x exp for 10x exp is all I needed to break a NG+ file though I did both runs only on easy mode.
#18C_ieloPosted 2/3/2014 8:29:23 AM
BLACK_CAT_ANIME posted...
I think Tales of Graces f had the worst grade system. I hated grinding for hours for very little grade and no longer getting grade from combat like vesper:(

P.S. no equipment, only half gald, and other things I may have forgotten. Which is why I only did one new game+ since you lose all the hard work you've gained in daulizing gear:(

Look on the bright side: at least it's not no equipment, no Gald, no items, no levels and no possible EXP multipliers that a certain game had. >__>
#19LuciusFTWPosted 2/3/2014 9:23:08 AM
I personally loved Graces NG+. Made it a blast with accel and stuff.
---
noiz
#20Arc166Posted 2/3/2014 10:10:52 AM
Graces for having such a robust and tedious as hell system for powering up equipment and not letting you carry it to the next game.