Congladurations, you're a Tales character - Part VI

#11Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 3:09:53 AM
Frozen_Blades81 posted...
Anyone remember the points of conflict I submitted a few times and always got ignored?

Well, I'm trying this again. Except 2 at a time. And you must absolutely say your piece this time!

This time's P.O.Cs:

-Asion's role in the story

-Maxwell's role in the story

-How much these "times" should last (somewhere between 24 or 48 hours)

@accordious

Just noticed that was your 1st comment in Gamefaqs, are you perhaps interested in joining this RP? Anyone is free to do so. And even if you don't, enjoy your stay on Gamefaqs!

I didn't think Maxwell would play much of a role in the story, since she's obtained through a lengthy sidequest.

Don't get to excited there. I don't think that he's interested in participating, considering he hasn't showed his face since he posted (and his first post didn't even mention a character.)
---
"and then the earth and the sky they all fit together
and carry me away as light as a feather."
#12pondrthisPosted 5/11/2014 12:34:23 PM
After Asion regains any mental faculties he's lost (I don't quite recall his backstory), he could either hunt down Langdon or Prince out of jealousy, depending on whom Skylar's into at the moment. (I assume Skylar's rejection of her past as Layla in favor of Langdon is atypical of Rezonants, since she's the only one we will see trying to build a new life: this might create obvious conflict with other Rezonants from her past.)

I think 24-hour periods for this is fine, but you can better believe not everyone will have opinions on everything.
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
I-I'm plenty quirky, right? - Elaine, on backups
#13Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/11/2014 1:05:39 PM
pondrthis posted...
After Asion regains any mental faculties he's lost (I don't quite recall his backstory), he could either hunt down Langdon or Prince out of jealousy, depending on whom Skylar's into at the moment. (I assume Skylar's rejection of her past as Layla in favor of Langdon is atypical of Rezonants, since she's the only one we will see trying to build a new life: this might create obvious conflict with other Rezonants from her past.)

Asion's mind is fine, he's just angry at human/elvenkind's brutality against both the spirits and his race to the point he just wants to kill them all and spare the world of their evilness and stuff (considering who was behind it all, you can't really blame him). This arc you propose is... random, to say the least. And it's not even what I was looking for. As you may know, l33t has made several battle scenes for him, and while they certainly have quality, they are completely disconnected from every other part of everything in this topic. I'd say it's about time we tied up loose ends.

I think 24-hour periods for this is fine, but you can better believe not everyone will have opinions on everything.

There is a clear difference between "not everyone will have opinions on everything" and "out of 24 (counted) points we could discuss extensively, 3 people say their piece about one different point each while everyone else completely ignores everything".
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#14pondrthisPosted 5/11/2014 1:38:44 PM
Well, when you force opinions, my earlier post is what you end up with. Just sayin'.
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
#15Zombies_OnlinePosted 5/11/2014 2:01:38 PM
I always figured Asion was like the Alexei of the game. As for Maxwell, seems like late game sidequest material to me.
---
At the zombie dance, nobody moves.
#16Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2014 2:13:25 PM
pondrthis posted...
Well, when you force opinions, my earlier post is what you end up with. Just sayin'.

What earlier post?

It didn't seem very opinion-forcey to me.
---
"and then the earth and the sky they all fit together
and carry me away as light as a feather."
#17pondrthisPosted 5/11/2014 2:21:42 PM
I meant you get terrible ideas, or as Blades called it, "random" ones. If I don't care about a topic, forcing me to results in mediocre thoughts.
---
#18Zombies_OnlinePosted 5/11/2014 2:27:09 PM
That's pretty much how I feel. I never responded to the points originally because I had no strong feelings one way or the other, and I didn't wanna muck it up with half-hearted ideas. I think it might help you get more feedback and dicussion if you proposed your own thoughts on the said POCs, Frozen.
---
At the zombie dance, nobody moves.
#19Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/11/2014 3:37:37 PM
Zombies_Online posted...
That's pretty much how I feel. I never responded to the points originally because I had no strong feelings one way or the other, and I didn't wanna muck it up with half-hearted ideas. I think it might help you get more feedback and discussion if you proposed your own thoughts on the said POCs, Frozen.

...I see. You're right.

I'll post them in a while. Sorry.
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#20Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/11/2014 4:30:16 PM
-Asion: This is really complicated for me because, as I said, I feel he is disconnected from everything. It's supposed to be part of the storyline but just feels like a glorified sidequest made to explore the character. And just 4 meetings (all of which are battles) are nowhere near enough to do even that. And how would the party even know where he is or what he's doing during his schemes? Does someone tip them off (if so, who?)? Does the party get a sign (like a laser pillar that shoots to the sky or maelstroms and earthquakes)? Does Asion simply challenges them or teleports them to his lair? A way I've thought to place him in the story is to add an arc about a war between him (with help from the people of the netherworld that rescued him, as well as the spirit partner that Ser_Ivellios created for him, Maxxuth) and Roman. I've always seen the 2 as opposites, one trying to save the 2 races from what he sees as evil tyrant overlords, another trying to destroy them. We might have to rewrite the Asion events made so far too. And we also have to talk with l33t about it all. We also have to decide a timeplace for the events/arc: Acts 1-2? Just 2? 3? 2-3? A bit of him on all acts?

-Maxwell: She, and by extension the spirit realm, shouldn't simply stay on the sidelines while the entire world is getting torn apart, let alone when a giant threat of total annihilation looms over them. I mean come on! They went to war with a big part of the world for less! Maxwell should at least make some appearances during the story or something, maybe even help fight Roman and his men during a war sequence between him and an united world.

These are my opinions. Also, I'm restarting the "timer" so you have more time to think and give your opinions.
---