Congladurations, you're a Tales character - Part VI

#31pondrthisPosted 5/13/2014 10:22:39 AM
I dunno, I kinda favor Blades' idea about being able to link them in any order. Effort to achieve multiple loyalties should be rewarded before hitting 100% loyalty completion.

A compromise would be that you can link any of them in any order, but Blue Earth only happens when they're linked in the specific, "correct" order.
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
I-I'm plenty quirky, right? - Elaine, on backups
#32Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/13/2014 12:23:30 PM
@pondrthis

That's a good idea.

What do you guys think of the characters I assigned each DMA to (or at least Elaine since you 2 seem to be the only people here, and it was Milla's idea to give Robbie Prism Stars) and the rest of my post?
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#33pondrthisPosted 5/13/2014 12:53:49 PM(edited)
At first I didn't particularly see the reasoning behind Elaine having the light magic DMA. Celesta has a large amount of light magic, so I was wondering why she wouldn't have it. Then I realized it makes a LOT of sense to give the first DMA to the canon (asexual) romantic partner.

Another alternative is to give Cole Dual the Sol, Celesta Shining Gate, and Elaine whatever the name of Cole's was. (;P) Elaine's too much of a tag-on to have the majestic first slot.

If everyone else is happy with it, I accept it just fine, though.
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
#34Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 4:56:27 PM
Frozen_Blades81 posted...
Hmm... yeah, you're right. We should wait and see what the others think though.

As for Blue Earth, it can be once per battle, but shouldn't be useless against bosses

How about it gives you a big Exp and Gald Bonus and a full heal if you save it till the very end of a boss and use it to finish the boss off?
---
"and then the earth and the sky they all fit together
and carry me away as light as a feather."
#35pondrthisPosted 5/13/2014 5:35:20 PM(edited)
As for Skylar and Asion, I think we should let Leia fill out the details as she sees fit. She pointed out recently that she enjoys redirecting the story and seeing it redirected, which is something I can relate to. Fleshing out details right now and citing this decision as final can REALLY stifle creativity, and shouldn't be applied to a prolific writer's character.

Especially not when she's not even weighing in!

EDIT: I initially brought up my few points of contention because they needed to be resolved to prompt segments in the first place. Some of these questions, especially the details, could be resolved within future segments rather than decided upon first and then written in. Nobody really wants to write segments where everyone knows the details of what's going to happen :/
---
#36Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/13/2014 6:04:54 PM
It's not final. If someone doesn't like something they can make an argument against it, and if enough people want it gone it's gone.

My plan for this is to have a base to stand on, to have a sense of continuity. Any decisions made here are simply placeholders until someone comes up with a better idea that can sway most opinion, and then THAT becomes a placeholder until it gets replaced (assuming anything here gets overruled of course).

Where IS she? And Zombies and lowell? They have been out for 2 days!
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#37pondrthisPosted 5/13/2014 6:07:50 PM
Zombies just sent me a PM so he's here somewhere, Lowell is avoiding me because he knows I'll hit him up for jokes in Aeolus. At least, that's what I think.
---
#38Zombies_OnlinePosted 5/13/2014 6:10:53 PM
I'm a go with the flow kinda guy, so typically I'm cool with whatever you fellas collectively think is best. If you wanted my opinion on the Blue Earth stuff, to be honest, I don't really know enough about it to make an intelligent decision. Only time I ever saw it was during the Fodra Queen fight in Graces.
---
At the zombie dance, nobody moves.
#39lowell666Posted 5/13/2014 6:58:25 PM
pondrthis posted...
Zombies just sent me a PM so he's here somewhere, Lowell is avoiding me because he knows I'll hit him up for jokes in Aeolus. At least, that's what I think.

heh, you know it ain't like that man! I'm still bumbling my dumbass through finals right now
---
To my surprise and delight, I find myself totally entranced by Child of Light
#40pondrthisPosted 5/13/2014 7:25:43 PM
lowell666 posted...
pondrthis posted...

heh, you know it ain't like that man! I'm still bumbling my dumbass through finals right now

I know, but I have to pin my delay on someone! I'm tryin' ta pretend that you have the segment in your inbox and just aren't responding, here.
---