Congladurations, you're a Tales character - Part VI

#41Martel568Posted 5/13/2014 9:31:15 PM
Hi guys. Just visitting here since I kinda "quit" on this topic now, anyway. Sorry :/ good luck though! Oh, and if you would be so kind as to tell me where Milla's story writing is, it would be great, since I never did see any of his writing
---
To people that want to commit suicide: Don't do it! Tales of Xillia 2 hasn't come out yet!
#42Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2014 9:32:59 PM
Martel568 posted...
Hi guys. Just visitting here since I kinda "quit" on this topic now, anyway. Sorry :/ good luck though! Oh, and if you would be so kind as to tell me where Milla's story writing is, it would be great, since I never did see any of his writing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dMgne3wFT5mTLg0HRYsiU5p7BUJTh4f8SyZDHBQRK0A/edit?usp=sharing
---
"and then the earth and the sky they all fit together
and carry me away as light as a feather."
#43Martel568Posted 5/13/2014 9:40:31 PM
Milla_Maxwell posted...
Martel568 posted...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dMgne3wFT5mTLg0HRYsiU5p7BUJTh4f8SyZDHBQRK0A/edit?usp=sharing

http://s92.photobucket.com/user/talesofsymphonia2006/media/random%20%20anime/vlcsnap-2012-06-21-21h29m11s72.png.html

Great :) I'll read it right away :D
---
To people that want to commit suicide: Don't do it! Tales of Xillia 2 hasn't come out yet!
#44Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/14/2014 1:53:42 AM
Results:

-Blue Earth: The characters have the extensions suggested by me. They can be chained in any order (by way of every extension having a specific set of button prompts) but Blue Earth will only trigger if done in the usual order (due to Aquarius Sphere and Eternity Swarm not existing together in any game, E. Swarm will be placed after A. Sphere). Killing a boss with Blue Earth will grant a big EXP/Gald bonus, as well as fully healing the party. Blue Earth can only be used once per battle.

-Skylar and Langdon's roles as antagonists: No results since their creators didn't show up at all, and no one else dared touch the subject (except Paundit, rather ironically, telling me NOT to touch the subject). Will be brought up again as soon as Rolando and/or Crepuscules show up.

Conflicts of the day:

-Soundtrack: Tracks for generic stuff (sad events, comic relief, battle themes, etc) and for locales that don't have music set to them (almost all of them, actually). You can also propose soundtracks that you want to hear during unique events/battles or whatnot, if you want.

-Aspects of the inevitable war between Engath and Reverant (when it should happen, how long should it last, how relevant it is to the plot, etc).

I'll post my opinions tomorrow, so until then you can feast your eyes on this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiEsg2oefPYWG9QRHA4emNGRFk/edit?usp=sharing

Put it in your mouth!
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#45pondrthisPosted 5/14/2014 3:04:28 AM(edited)
I've finally gotten the Aeolus Part 1 segment out the door to Zombies for a review.

-Soundtrack: I've still got it in my head that I'll write a few more pieces for the game, so save some options for me. Maybe I'll do a Perdatis field theme, since it seems to be kinda my baby in the story.

-Engath and Reverant: it should END halfway through the final act, I would think. After Roman is revealed to be pulling the strings of Engath and/or both parties, and he is revealed as the ancient King of legend, the war should come to a stop. I think it would be interesting if it were highly relevant to a number of SIDEQUESTS (since a world war would have dire personal implications on each party member), but only an added threat to Roman's agenda in the main story. That allows us to explore the war on a more PERSONAL level rather than the typical grandiose fantasy epic perspective.

EDIT: What I saw of Zien's artes were epic. Nice work.
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
I-I'm plenty quirky, right? - Elaine, on backups
#46Frozen_Blades81Posted 5/14/2014 12:35:42 PM
@pondrthis

Sounds interesting, but it fails because there simply AREN'T any halfway decent personal implications for anyone but Celesta (and maybe Elaine due to the Perdatis revolution happening at the time). The most interesting thing that could happen outside these 2 is the war reinforcing Zien's negative beliefs on human/elvenkind, or some philosophical discussions between Prince and some high-ranking nobles/government officials/military leads from both countries. Cole, Jordan and Anise would likely just see more work opportunities (Cole could maybe get some interesting stuff if he gets the positive side of his development), and Robbie and Skylar would likely not care at all. My suggestion is to focus on the interactions of some nobles/officials/soldiers/officers of the countries and the 4/5 party members who give half a f***. The war itself also shouldn't be sidelined in the main story.

I have some music choices lined up. If you want to make one of your amazing tracks for one of the slots I picked you are free to do so.
---
"We are professionals, and we will decide this, as professionals" *Cue motorcycle jousting battle*.
#47RayThrustPosted 5/14/2014 3:36:46 PM
Long time no see...

Anyways - this artist Erutan and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles gotta have some of the best soundtracks out there if you are interested in any celtic music - great for places/locations and whatnot.

Baten Kaitos, another GC-game, got some unique music aswell
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B64f48ewdo
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKe8k8P2FNw
#48pondrthisPosted 5/14/2014 4:46:45 PM
Frozen_Blades81 posted...
Sounds interesting, but it fails because there simply AREN'T any halfway decent personal implications

While I'm fine with your assessment, let me make up something off the top of my head to show that this could be readily changed by anyone with a half-baked sense of creativity like myself:

Celesta: You already noted her potential for personal interaction with war.

Cole: Seeing his ruined homeland become a battlefield; seeing other ninjas from Ouka's former ninja organization be rehired out as assassins; helping an orphaned girl and her little brother make it in the ravages of war-torn society and relating it to his past

Zien: Reinforcing his preference of animals and spirits over mortals; if the elves use spirits to fight Engath, Prince would confront Zien on his thoughts regarding this; if Maxwell's spirits become involved, Zien would need to confront his ideas regarding this; seeing a scientific or journalistic expedition be crushed because it was confused as an enemy camp might relate to his past; seeing the party help freezing orphans without shelter might harden his heart since no one was around to help him in his hour of need

Elaine: seeing mothers losing sons or daughters to war (reminding her of her lover and unborn child); seeing people blame anyone and everyone for their tragic losses (since her lover was branded a traitor for talking under torture); I could go on forever since this is my character

Jordan: getting a conscription to join each side's navy as a ship captain, then debating actually taking it as the bidding war for his talent increases simply because he wants to be out on the ocean again; hearing that the pirates who took Anise's friends were hired as privateers to one side (if they don't yet know they're associated with CWB) and then having to choose between supporting Prince's mission or Anise's mission; meeting naval officers and ensigns who lost their own ships at the cost of many lives, and reconciling his own feelings with those of others

Anise: coming into conflict with others when she hears about the pirates that took her friends being hired as privateers; making absolutely inappropriate sadistic jokes around war orphans and widows, and Prince calling her out on it and asking her to explain herself (the joking could be a defense mechanism, as it is with most clowns); being approached for her tactical opinion about something (see the upcoming Aeolus Part 1) and then her feelings of guilt when she sees the devastation to both sides that her idea brought forth

Robbie: seeing the horrors of war and reconciling it with his positive notions of fighting for what's right; seeing how the summon spirits react to war, and if they are of one mind or are as divided as mortals on the issue; dealing with flashbacks to Hammil burning and Tabitha's death, and how this interacts with his self-blame; seeing whole populations of people being wiped out, and being forced to contemplate how his own life may be more important than others due to his status as a member of a rare race and his summoning abilities

Skylar: You can betcher bottom dollar Rolly could make up any number of things. For completion's sake, though: having flashbacks to her time as Layla triggered by stress and high concentrations of residual mana in battlefields; trying to care for every widow or orphan she comes across wearing on her; balancing her desire to maintain her soul with her desire to stop the war the easy way, by casting Stop Flow every chance she gets
---
Being in control is way, way more valuable than having good positioning. - Anise, on tactics
#49pondrthisPosted 5/14/2014 4:52:53 PM
^See how being trapped by canon and continuity can stifle creativity? You literally just claimed there AREN'T any deep personal interactions with just about the worst thing humanity has ever seen: war. That is, of course, an utterly preposterous statement which you should feel sheepish about! So feel free to blush in embarrassment, bro.

Now, having said that, this doesn't negate any of your arguments that the war should be a major point in the main plot, but I couldn't just let that silly comment slide.
---
#50Milla_Maxwell(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2014 5:06:14 PM
pondrthis posted...
^See how being trapped by canon and continuity can stifle creativity?

There's no point in having a story if there's no canon or continuity in it. It's equally awful to just throw any sense of canon and logic out the window for the sake of making stuff up.
---
"and then the earth and the sky they all fit together
and carry me away as light as a feather."