any tips to making this game really easy or atlease EASIER?

#21Soul59Posted 5/15/2014 5:06:02 PM
You don't need to grind in FF either.....

Just make sure you have most of the current equipment and fight most battles. This game is just easy except for a couple bosses and grinding won't help much if you suck ass at dodging.
---
"But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here..." - Zidane FFIX
#22KiddDaBeautyPosted 5/15/2014 5:20:45 PM
Soul59 posted...

Depends on which FF. FF1-4, you definitely need to grind. FF5 can be beaten without grind, but it's way hard. After 5 however, grinding goes away.
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke
#23zeno1989Posted 5/15/2014 8:05:08 PM
this doesn't really answer any of your questions, but if you can, play with someone. a brother, friend, cousin, whatever. i've always played tales games with my nephew and this is the first time i've played this game without him and let me tell you, i definitely see a difference. while i don't think the games is that hard anyway, it was much easier when playing with two player-controlled characters. i normally play with kratos just because of his super chain, slasher, and eternal ex skills
#24Soul59Posted 5/15/2014 8:11:36 PM
KiddDaBeauty posted...
Soul59 posted...

Depends on which FF. FF1-4, you definitely need to grind. FF5 can be beaten without grind, but it's way hard. After 5 however, grinding goes away.

FF1 not really.
FFII doesn't have the usual leveling system.

I did play Dawn of Souls versions though.

FFIII eh here and there but not much.
FFIV you don't need to either really.
FFV most people beat at 30 easily.

After V most stopped having levels and in some leveling wasn't important at all.
---
Every time Vegh posts a baby gets slugged.
Current slugged babies: Over 9,000.
#25vicilPosted 5/15/2014 8:31:23 PM
The game has a difficult learning curve your first time through. Be mindful to open the menu and adjust your Strat (Battle Strategy and formations) and experiment until you have something that works, and remember to do it each time a new character joins your party. My other advice is NEVER to grind for levels, but instead to grind for synthesis items you can use to upgrade your gear, if you feel pressured to grind at all. Gear makes the biggest difference on your first game, not levels, and it's cheap to stay current on upgrades if you make use of synthesis.
---
The Mobile Infantry: Incredibly badass, stupid mother****ers, being massacred every day by giant insects. They need a game.
#26Domokun225Posted 5/15/2014 8:40:36 PM
Regarding what's a good FAQ to use, I'm pretty partial to this one:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/717862-tales-of-symphonia-chronicles/faqs/42708

This is just me, but it being in HTML makes looking for specific sections easier.
---
FC: 5000-1713-3276, Safari (Ghost): Shuppet, Pumpkaboo, and Spiritomb
http://myanimelist.net/profile/IgnitionFreeze
#27Soul59Posted 5/15/2014 9:08:56 PM
vicil posted...
The game has a difficult learning curve your first time through. Be mindful to open the menu and adjust your Strat (Battle Strategy and formations) and experiment until you have something that works, and remember to do it each time a new character joins your party. My other advice is NEVER to grind for levels, but instead to grind for synthesis items you can use to upgrade your gear, if you feel pressured to grind at all. Gear makes the biggest difference on your first game, not levels, and it's cheap to stay current on upgrades if you make use of synthesis.

The learning curve is not very difficult this game is fairly basic and levels do matter. If you neglect them you will have problems. Well if you REALLY neglect them.

Gear helps but levels grant you stats upon level up and using good titles for bigger stat boosts is extremely beneficial.
---
#28Ultymateflynn88Posted 5/15/2014 9:24:40 PM
Soul59 posted...
vicil posted...

The learning curve is not very difficult this game is fairly basic and levels do matter. If you neglect them you will have problems. Well if you REALLY neglect them.

Gear helps but levels grant you stats upon level up and using good titles for bigger stat boosts is extremely beneficial.

I loved your signature :)
---
All you need is tales... and holly lance
#29Soul59Posted 5/15/2014 9:30:28 PM
I am like the only person that dislikes him, I find him irritating and not funny :/
---
#30ShinZackraPosted 5/15/2014 9:49:48 PM
Well, it's hard to dislike bots. They're not bots because they wanted to be born as bots. So we should accept them for who they are.
---
Cheria is love.
http://backloggery.com/kitekirby