I just realized Spoiler is Hitler.

#1Soul59Posted 5/16/2014 9:06:51 PM
Me and my friend were talking about screwed up video game characters and she told me about one in a visual novel so I brought Mithos up.

Then I realized he is Hitler. I am so slow. I feel ashamed.
---
Every time Vegh posts a baby gets slugged.
Current slugged babies: Over 9,000.
#2KiddDaBeautyPosted 5/16/2014 9:24:14 PM
I wouldn't say he's Hitler per se, even though I can see why the distinction is useless for most people.

Hitler believes a natural race is superior.
Mithos believes the "race" he is creating is superior.

Hitler kills underprivileged people.
Mithos helps underprivileged people reach farther.

Both believe in peace through unity.
But while Hitler believes it in unity by killing all but one,
Mithos believes in coming together under a new race.

Mithos is a champion of the weak. He's not a fascist. His methods just happen to look like fascism xD
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke
#3Soul59(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2014 9:43:16 PM
Well I meant they're similar sorry.

Not that he is Hitler.

Actually I feel it might be an unintended reference.
---
Every time Vegh posts a baby gets slugged.
Current slugged babies: Over 9,000.
#4gamer6879403333Posted 5/16/2014 9:43:55 PM
KiddDaBeauty posted...
I wouldn't say he's Hitler per se, even though I can see why the distinction is useless for most people.

Hitler believes a natural race is superior.
Mithos believes the "race" he is creating is superior.

Hitler kills underprivileged people.
Mithos helps underprivileged people reach farther.

Both believe in peace through unity.
But while Hitler believes it in unity by killing all but one,
Mithos believes in coming together under a new race.

Mithos is a champion of the weak. He's not a fascist. His methods just happen to look like fascism xD

Uh... Mithos keeps concentration camps where people are worked to death. Not a fascist? What?
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#5TrippyPBAPosted 5/16/2014 9:50:42 PM
This post got me even more hyped for Wolfenstein - The New Order. Drops on Tuesday!!! Time to slaughter some nazis o.O
---
Favorite RPGs - Earthbound, Xenosaga Ep.1, Final Fantasy VI, Tales of Graces f
#6cory droidPosted 5/16/2014 10:45:39 PM
Definitely an apt comparison. First time I visited a ranch in this game it made me think about the Nazis and concentration camps.
---
Subliminal Heroin
#7God_of_HumilityPosted 5/16/2014 11:20:25 PM
Hitler and the nazi movement are actually pretty different from Mithos, IMO. If Hitler were in Symphonia's world, he would be trying to kill all elves and half-elves so humans would be alone controlling the world. Mithos is actually fighting for the oppressed race in his own twisted way. He's trying to eliminate the very concept of race while nazis depended on the concept of race to eliminate all but one.

Desian ranches, might look similar to concentration camps but they serve very different purposes. Concentration camps were for systematic elimination while Desian ranches are more like factories. If humans weren't useful for the creation of Exspheres, Mithos wouldn't be killing them just like that.

Mithos didn't try to kill all but half-elves, he tried to make half-elves and everyone else become the same. Nazis didn't try to create a new identity or humanity, they simply eliminated all who didn't fit their criterias.

Mithos was far from a fascist. He was basically a god and controlled everything, but he did so in a very delegated and indirect way, whereas the Nazis tended towards a more totalitarian way of government. Mithos was so detached from the world, no one knew he even existed and the church he operated behind the scenes is influential, but not in total power.

If anything, Mithos resembles the monotheist god a bit more. I won't go into detail because religion is a very touchy subject for many people, but I'll just say that Mithos had almost omnipotent power and did not use it in the interest of the people he ruled over. Cruxis as a whole is heavily inspired from Christianity with its angels, the church, the rituals, pilgrimage and the heavens. The game is basically a deconstruction of religion, particularly of its social and cultural importance.
#8KiddDaBeautyPosted 5/17/2014 3:18:17 AM
gamer6879403333 posted...
Uh... Mithos keeps concentration camps where people are worked to death. Not a fascist? What?
After wikipediaing the phrase just to ensure I wasn't talking out of my butt, no he's not a fascist. That's not to say what he's doing is admirable.
---
Everything that blooms will one day wither - Orochimaru
My dreams are of the past, and they'll remain so forever - Sasuke
#9sephiroth068Posted 5/24/2014 12:32:00 PM(edited)
KiddDaBeauty posted...
gamer6879403333 posted...
After wikipediaing the phrase just to ensure I wasn't talking out of my butt, no he's not a fascist. That's not to say what he's doing is admirable.

Yeah this is true. Just because you run concentration camps does not mean you are a fascist (though you are a douche). I mean need I remind everyone of the US's dark history with concentration camps and the Japenese? Were they fascist? I think not... (and this is coming from someone who was born and raised in the US. Heck this stuff was taught in school)
---
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean-Celestial Damnation (see quote)
#10TalesOfGodPosted 5/24/2014 4:51:54 PM
You don't need a spoiler to replace Emil's name.

It's already known that Emil is basically Hitler because he engages in slavery to catch animals/monsters and forces them to attack their own family and friends.

D: