Lol, Raine is awesome (spoilers)

#1Icehound2Posted 5/16/2014 11:06:56 PM
[Raine]: "You are a fool that cannot accept he is neither human nor elf."

[Forcystus]: "Surely you agree that the humans need to be purged from our world."

[Raine]: "What needs to be purged are the contents of your pathetic brain."
---
"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."
- CM Punk, WWE.
#2Sahri_81Posted 5/17/2014 3:28:29 AM
Wha, that remark totally went past me o.o But she's awesome in more ways than just witty remarks. She saved me twice from total obliteration during boss fights by being the only one left alive so I've come to appreciate her way more than I did in the beginning. Add her backstory to that and you just wanna hug her if only it was to console her for what she's been through.
#3LordLewnaticPosted 5/17/2014 3:42:31 AM
That's dialogue if you choose Raine to fight Forcystus, and if she's your highest affection. I do think it's a godly quote, though.
#4Delta123456789Posted 5/17/2014 5:14:35 AM
That's a cool exchange, thanks for flagging it up. It's almost a shame there are so many scenes like this I'll probably never see see I tended to end up with the same people in top affection.

I also think one downside of importing Tales from Japan is missing little exchanges like this (a game script will work on primary events, but you'd miss all the fun battle dialogue).
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#5AysanderPosted 5/17/2014 5:50:30 AM
Raine also has the most silly (but actually believable) "romance" scene if she is one of your top three at Flanoir.

Raine: "My heat source just hasn't seem to have noticed it yet."
Lloyd: "Huh? Huh!"
---
Okay, we got the Neptune Action Game, NOW I'm not changing this specific part of my signature until we get a Tales of Legendia R in English.
#6aquamafiaPosted 5/17/2014 7:34:08 AM
Hehe Raine was my soul mate the first time I beat ToS.
Only now do I understand her Flanoir scene xD
---
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.
3DS FC: 3496-9802-4769
#7Sahri_81Posted 5/17/2014 11:03:08 AM
Aysander posted...
Raine also has the most silly (but actually believable) "romance" scene if she is one of your top three at Flanoir.

I chose Raine during that scene but that remark totally went past me xD I'm starting to like her more and more <3
#8AysanderPosted 5/17/2014 11:04:59 AM
Sahri_81 posted...
Aysander posted...

I chose Raine during that scene but that remark totally went past me xD I'm starting to like her more and more <3

I think it passes most people up, unfortunately I keep making jokes about it when Raine and Lloyd are in the same party (I occasionally boot him for Sheena, and use Presea as the primary melee'r), mostly along the lines of when she's too busy healing everyone else, and Lloyd hasn't noticed she's below 50%. XD
---
Okay, we got the Neptune Action Game, NOW I'm not changing this specific part of my signature until we get a Tales of Legendia R in English.
#9Soul59Posted 5/17/2014 12:43:01 PM
The thing that got me to really like her was when she got on all fours and started petting inanimate objects.
---
Every time Vegh posts a baby gets slugged.
Current slugged babies: Over 9,000.
#10FuzzyJelloPosted 5/17/2014 1:55:17 PM
Aysander posted...
Sahri_81 posted...
Aysander posted...

I think it passes most people up,

Because given how cryptic it is, its not necessarily romantic. That hasn't changed, either.

Not to interrupt yet another Raine party topic.

I was reading recently how she and Regal basically swap the characteristics of the fighter/monk and healer and how that explains both why their fans love them so much and why 90% of Symphonia-related genderswapping involves at least one of them. Totally true.