Wow, today's Pinata Party...

#1Grim JackalPosted 2/13/2014 6:12:04 AM
... was bloody awful. Is there anyone out there still deluding themselves into thinking they're not trying to force people into using power-ups in the hope they'll get you to buy coins at some point? That was rubbish. In no way could you finish that without power-ups. Maybe after a dozen tries you'd be lucky enough but I doubt it.

I am close to abandoning the game altogether until Far Future comes out.
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#2LlainePosted 2/13/2014 7:25:12 AM
After 3 attempts, I have arrived at the same conclusion. I almost deleted the game in disgust. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong and complete the stage without using power-ups.
#3petitpois83Posted 2/13/2014 8:45:58 AM
I managed it eventually with no power-ups.... just constant buying of plant food and a melon.
First one I've faced which wasn't possible without powerups, this was just stupid.
I had about 100k in coins from before they changed it all around, and after many failed attempts using powerups I went for the plant food strategy just to complete it.
#4Falling DownPosted 2/13/2014 9:02:00 AM
How are you guys retrying? Spending the thousand coins each time or is there another way I don't know? I have 7 hours till I get my party but the last one sounds as bad as this one.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#5Grim Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 12:08:29 PM
Yes, spending the thousand coins. It was my third or fourth retry when I just went nuts with with the power-ups in order to complete it. How do you activate the frost one? I'm not game to touch it for fear it'll go to waste. I just flick everything off of the screen.
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#6achan1058Posted 2/13/2014 1:15:01 PM(edited)
I had to restart once. That 1000 coin definitely sucked. So does the dramatic increase in ads, enough that it is starting to get on my nerves. On the other hand, the pinata isn't nearly as impossible as some people claimed. Conserve the plant food you get from the lily, and use the iceberg lettuce often (but not TOO often). Out of 3 tries (on 2 profiles), 2 of them were successes.
#7creativemePosted 2/13/2014 2:40:27 PM
wow just screw that. i failed twice and screw it. would be my 3rd party in a row so i'd get a bonus but screw it. i don't even care.
---
3ds FC - 1864-8524-3861
#8Watt64Posted 2/13/2014 4:15:16 PM
I just tried it. It was pretty cheap. I couldn't even win it by cheating because those miner zombies just jumped onto my iceberg lettuces and made me lose.
---
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"
#9Falling DownPosted 2/13/2014 4:16:32 PM
Just tried it, saw that half the map was stupid mold colonies and instantly felt my heart drop, add on that none of the plants provided have the ability to shoot backwards. Yeah I am done till the next patch/update.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#10PartyDevilZroPosted 2/13/2014 4:47:20 PM
I thought was I only one, I bought several lighting power ups. Just to have those stupid jumping zombies activate my iceberg lettuce. That was ridiculous, I'm done with this piņata party level. On my fourth try those damn tornado zombies got to my lettuce before a watermelon came out. What was I supposed do aside from buying a power up!?