Wow, today's Pinata Party...

#21achan1058Posted 2/14/2014 7:00:56 AM
I had plant foods and bloomerangs left over that bucketheads aren't an issue. Perhaps it has to do with playing skills?
#22njorlsPosted 2/14/2014 7:36:22 AM
Once I figured out the core strategy, which took 2 do overs, I did it 5x in a row without spending any coins at all.

Know your plants, including plant food, and know your zombies. See the enemies and plants you get, and if you fail try a practice run on a normal level. Or try reading here, I have a profile with 340k coins and don't mind spending them and would be happy to discuss the strategy.

This might have been the best designed party yet. The plant you have to protect being the most fragile plant in the game, but also being the key to victory is brilliant. I hope to see more parties like this one.

Finally these parties are optional, you don't need to do them to advance. Popcap gas a right to do things for the more advanced players. Making coins necessary to do something optional is no big deal.
---
I should go.
#23Grim Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 10:30:47 AM
Here that EA? Stay the course big fella you're doing swell. How are you guys enjoying Dungeon Keeper?
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#24achan1058Posted 2/14/2014 10:44:38 AM
Here's my suggestion to EA:

Make a super guide that costs 10000 coins which passes a level for you, and show you how to do it, like the ones they have in Super Mario Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Not only can you get people to buy more coins this way, and you can also snub at people who claim certain levels are impossible without using power ups.
#25Hunter667Posted 2/14/2014 5:13:27 PM
Llaine posted...
I think there is an element of luck in the type and sequence of plants appearing in your queue.

However, the fact remains - we now need to spend money to retry and replenish lost lawn mowers. If you are not an old timer who have stockpiled a small fortune over the last few months, imagine how much "enticing" spending money on coins is now?

Give the mobile version of Dungeon Keeper a try, if you want a glimpse of how far EA can take this....

Enjoy.

actually it isn't random.

I played it 5 times and got the exact same start each time

Power Lily - Power Lily - Bloomerang - Bloomerang - Melon-pult and that's as much as I remember.
#26PhoenixWroggiPosted 2/16/2014 2:17:28 AM
achan1058 posted...
Here's my suggestion to EA:

Make a super guide that costs 10000 coins which passes a level for you, and show you how to do it, like the ones they have in Super Mario Wii and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Not only can you get people to buy more coins this way, and you can also snub at people who claim certain levels are impossible without using power ups.

Are you serious? The reason people complain about powers is because having to use Powers more or less forces you to use coins in the hope that you would buy more. It's not the actual usage of powers itself that offends. Your suggestion falls in the exact same category, as does the ones of everyone suggesting that you buy plant food instead of using powers.
---
BROKE B4 DEPLUME ON DA SCENE!
BROKE B4 WRIGHT COULD EVA DREAM!
#27achan1058Posted 2/16/2014 8:29:40 AM
Except I never bought plant food, and I will never suggest it. My suggestion was for people to learn the capabilities and limitations of each plant, and play in an optimal manner so that they won't need to buy plant food or power up. My previous comment simply says that in a slightly cynical way.
#28JyqftPosted 2/17/2014 12:23:36 AM(edited)
Today's is really really really hard. I had to do 4 trials to understand what to do. It requires strict timing and planning.

Apparently, you just have to ensure that the two rightmost columns are for Wallnuts and Tallnuts, and the Split Pea goes in front of the tombs, and the Repeaters placed on tiles with newly destroyed tombs. Then you just have to be very watchful with the nuts.
#29Grim Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 6:10:13 AM
I enjoyed it, but I got bored after a few attempts and just used a power-up or two when focusing on nut durability got old. And I mean, if I'm going to pay for re-attempts anyway, I may as well just pay to win.
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#30jannedaarc1Posted 2/17/2014 7:28:27 AM
Glad that I wasn't the only one that was really taken aback by it. Frankly I think the bloomerangs were thrown out as red herrings to screw up your tactics. I remember getting a few of them, planting them only to have the sandstorm or whatever having zombies blow right past them. Huh?

I ended up blowing...2000 gold I think? Maybe 3k? I know I had to restart and I know I bought at least one plant food.

I wouldn't mind terribly having to use powerups on these challenges - it is the 1000 gold coin cost for restarting if you fail that really chaffes my butt. This last challenge was actually really interesting - I do not at all mind how unique and initially hard it was. But you KNOW people are going to fail it at least once and ergo you are guaranteeing more monies spent. That's just really lame.