Wow, today's Pinata Party...

#31petitpois83Posted 2/17/2014 9:44:57 AM
And yet another one which is totally impossible without power-ups.
Game deleted.
#32njorlsPosted 2/17/2014 2:35:27 PM(edited)
Jyqft posted...
Today's is really really really hard. I had to do 4 trials to understand what to do. It requires strict timing and planning.

Apparently, you just have to ensure that the two rightmost columns are for Wallnuts and Tallnuts, and the Split Pea goes in front of the tombs, and the Repeaters placed on tiles with newly destroyed tombs. Then you just have to be very watchful with the nuts.

This!

I tried to figure it out on my own, putting the split peas in the rightmost column but they're for taking out the tombstones so the repeaters can do the work.

I still needed a power up at the start because I couldn't block a row.

But the easy parties in the past finance these new ones so I don't mind spending coins. It is optional after all.

Thanks Jyqft!

*edit* oh yeah! and use plant food on the nuts
---
I should go.
#33ZombieSlayer27Posted 2/17/2014 3:29:22 PM
EA is totally ruining this game because all they care about is freaking money. They are already freaking loaded, and they just keep trying to squeeze us dry because they are so freaking greedy. So ticked that EA bought it out, wish a company like Valve would have bought it. Today's event is almost freaking impossible unless you spend like 5k coins and you won't be able to re-coop it by opening the pinatas. There's no way in Hell I'm giving EA a single dime as long as they keep acting like DB's and trying to get us to waste all our coins that way we end up buying it. Just so frustrated, I was sooo freaking excited about this game and every update it gets worse and worse I'm about to uninstall it and tell EA to kiss my fing butt.
#34Falling DownPosted 2/17/2014 5:06:48 PM
I had to break down and use a power flick, but I got 5,000 coins at the end so I came out ahead. Beat it on the first try and having tombstones be 5(?) deep was excessive IMO. In fact I had two rows were my repeater never destroyed them all.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#35Grim Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 9:08:00 PM(edited)
ZombieSlayer27 posted...
So ticked that EA bought it out, wish a company like Valve would have bought it..

A PvZ game made under the support and freedom Valve allows would be amazing. Valve focuses on quality and the profit flows from there. EA starts and ends at milking the customer base.

How memorable was Plants v Zombies? A brilliant game with lots of game modes and replayability.

How much of a mess is PvZ2? I actually loved it, despite the extra plants and upgrades hiding behind micro-transactions. That is, right up until the first major patch that did away with the map, the star challenges, the keys to unlock more pathways to get upgrades. EVERYTHING from there has been downhill, with the exception of the Zomboss fight which was excellent.

Now, I'm going to stick with it, love it or loathe it, because I know that when the new worlds get released I'll enjoy them. But, man, how great could this game have been?
---
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
#36JyqftPosted 2/18/2014 7:27:45 AM
It is annoying that you have to pay 1,000 coins just to restart. The Pinata Parties are, by nature, trial and error, because the number of winning strategies in this type of games is few. They're just cashing in.
#37DeaDG0DPosted 2/19/2014 12:22:19 AM
petitpois83 posted...
Game deleted.

Nothihng is impossible if you know how to make a strategy. The issue here is obvious, it's you.
#38steve_juneauPosted 2/19/2014 3:52:03 AM
DeaDG0D posted...
petitpois83 posted...
Game deleted.

Nothihng is impossible if you know how to make a strategy. The issue here is obvious, it's you.

And how exactly do you make a strategy? All the plants are on a conveyor, you have no idea what you have to work with. Unless you pay for restarts then the odds of you stumbling onto a winning strategy on your first attempt are slim to none.
#39njorlsPosted 2/19/2014 7:53:25 AM
steve_juneau posted...
DeaDG0D posted...
petitpois83 posted...
Game deleted.

And how exactly do you make a strategy? All the plants are on a conveyor, you have no idea what you have to work with. Unless you pay for restarts then the odds of you stumbling onto a winning strategy on your first attempt are slim to none.

You can try to wing it with the risk of losing coins

Or you can wait for a strategy to be posted here

Or you can just skip them, they aren't required.

Coins for retries for the optional parties are the new normal. If you've played the easier parties you should have a lot of coins saved up. I like that the new parties are challenging, and I look forward to more. Coins for retries add an element of risk, do you spend 1400 on a power up or take a risk on 1000 for a restart?

The fact of the matter is, this is a free to play game with incentives to pay for upgrades, plants and coins. Popcap has the right to add incentives to pay for something optional.
---
I should go.
#40DeaDG0DPosted 2/19/2014 6:17:30 PM
steve_juneau posted...

So you mean to tell me you can't make a strategy on the fly? You can't think on your feet? The strategy on the last party was obvious (as someone already posted): walls in the rightmost column, split peas in front of tombstones, repeaters when tombstones get destroyed. I figured that out on one retry, without visiting this forum. I "lost" 1000 coins on the retry, then got three 1000 coin pinatas, net 2000. Yeah, this game has totally gotten all pay to win on us, and is forcing us to use power ups, oh, wait...