Aging and Appearance

#1LordTrinenPosted 6/19/2013 12:26:52 PM
In the original Fable using experience points to increase skills altered your character's appearance. Leveling Strength made you more bulky. Leveling Skill made you taller. Leveling Will made magical blue "Will Lines" appear in your skin. And leveling anything made your character physically age, topping out at age 65. If you leveled everything you looked like a really old giant glowing Smurf on steroids.

Do you think they've changed this mechanic in any way? At the very least I would like to see that aging mechanic get changed or even done away with. I always found it ridiculous how the Hero looks like an extremely old man by the end yet everyone around him stays the same. That's why whenever I played the original I tried to limit how many abilities I leveled up to keep my age as low as possible. I know there are a couple of quests that can help decrease your age but not by much.
#2HatchetHoundPosted 6/19/2013 3:57:16 PM
I hope they changed it, or added in a way to make yourself young again.

I had an Action Replay for the Xbox, so I had a save that had the Hero almost entirely maxed out in the beginning at 18 years old. The oldest you'd get was maybe 23 by the end. It was the only save I ever used after I beat it the first time.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#3SeahawkerPosted 6/19/2013 11:08:05 PM
Yeah, aging's the only thing I really want changed from the original game. How is it that people who have been heroes longer than you look like they never aged?
---
Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine. ~~Tim Minchin
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live GT: Shihoku101
#4meralonnePosted 6/20/2013 7:48:27 AM
The FAQ topic over at LH seems to say that they're not changing the aging system at all.

Moreover, they're removing Hero Saves... which means no exploiting it to get multiple age reductions from the Temples.

In other words: get used to either playing underpowered or playing as Grandpa.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#5HatchetHoundPosted 6/20/2013 9:06:29 AM
Or wait until people figure out how to hex edit age values. Or make a save editor. Cause they totally will.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#6Homie_202Posted 6/23/2013 9:11:44 PM
I always kind of like the aging aspect. Not many games do it and I always thought it seemed like it made your character wiser looking.
#7Neo_OnionKnightPosted 6/24/2013 2:22:13 AM
Pretend your Zeus....or cover your face up....
---
"An obvious answer wrapped in cheap enigma foil, placed in a lunchbox of deceit surrounded by a mould of ignorance" - Meaning of Life
#8getsueiPosted 7/3/2013 1:42:36 PM
I remember it was mainly magic that aged you the most as I got Fable the lost chapters and saw less signs of aging when i chose a less magic heavy class
#9_Shuyin_Posted 7/4/2013 12:17:15 PM
The Bandit Mask and the Guard Hat will give your character black hair while wearing them. It's better than nothing.
---
"Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day."
~ The Grey
#10meralonnePosted 7/5/2013 10:09:12 AM
getsuei posted...
I remember it was mainly magic that aged you the most as I got Fable the lost chapters and saw less signs of aging when i chose a less magic heavy class

Each time you upgraded an ability, you aged 0.7 years. It didn't matter what you leveled. You probably saw less aging when playing a "physical" Hero because there are fewer skills to upgrade. There are many more Will powers than there are Strength and Skill combined.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife