buy every house/shop?

#11omidgiePosted 2/20/2014 9:46:20 PM
Buy everything? How do you do that? I thought that you could only buy the house that has a sign in front of it, so far, I could only buy three houses and the bordello, although, I more or less fell into that one, because you only need the deeds. Please enlighten me as to how you buy what you all are saying. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.
#12meralonnePosted 2/21/2014 8:26:07 AM
omidgie posted...
Buy everything? How do you do that? I thought that you could only buy the house that has a sign in front of it, so far, I could only buy three houses and the bordello, although, I more or less fell into that one, because you only need the deeds. Please enlighten me as to how you buy what you all are saying. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

Two ways to buy a house:

1. If possible, kill every inhabitant of the home/business you wish to purchase.
2. If possible, use the "Follow" expression to lead every inhabitant of the home outside of the region their house is in. Once you've entered a new region, use the "Wait" command.

-- There is no way to kill children. They will also not follow you outside of their zone. Therefore, it is extremely difficult if not outright impossible to purchase all the homes in Bowerstone South.

Once you've removed all dwellers in a particular home, a "for sale" sign will pop up in front of it. Buy it and rent it out (since you cannot live in it). In a few days, you will start earning rent via sacks of gold that sit next to the sign. No more than three will accumulate at any given time, so be sure to pick them up periodically if you want the cash to keep rolling in.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#13hobojones112Posted 2/21/2014 11:42:29 AM
If I recall correctly, from years ago, I think theres a glitch you can do (something about using stop time then assassin rush through the gate) and it will actually freeze the town. Once the town is frozen all of the buildings become available for purchase. Font take my word on this though,this was years ago and I can't remember if it was on fable or tlc that you could do this.
#14meralonnePosted 2/21/2014 12:01:04 PM
The "Frozen World" glitch was from TLC. The topic should be archived in the Xbox TLC board.
---
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife
#15roadlizardPosted 2/26/2014 12:16:59 AM(edited)
I've attempted to remove the game master from the bowerstone south tavern so I can buy it cause as far as I'm aware the frozen world glitch doesn't work? (please correct me if I'm wrong) But I can't get the assassin to hit him by targeting him or starting a fight with him. I can't get him to follow me either. Am I doing something wrong or have they fixed it so you can't buy it at all in this version of the game?
---
MoFaT, Inc.
Currently Playing ~ Final Fantasy 6, Gears of War 3 Multiplayer
#16Smackdowner1Posted 2/26/2014 12:25:22 AM
You can definitely own the bowerstone south tavern. I have it. Try getting a bounty first, so the guards come after you. That's what I did before I hired the mercenary. He immediately attacked the gamemaster.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2014
#17roadlizardPosted 2/26/2014 12:36:03 AM
awesome. thanks for the quick answer man. I'll give that a try
---
MoFaT, Inc.
Currently Playing ~ Final Fantasy 6, Gears of War 3 Multiplayer
#18ghosta2Posted 2/26/2014 12:39:44 PM
another trick is to acquire a small bounty and then ask someone to follow you. the villager will fight for you which will cause them to attack the gaurds and other villagers. This will also change the villagers state to hostile towards the gaurds so the gaurds weapons will hurt now hurt the villager.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2