melee... why does veryone use galatine???

#1bearded_moosePosted 12/2/2013 11:03:19 AM
the galatine... it hits multiple enemies (5 i think) and does massive damage, but it's slower than mud running uphill. i assume everyone uses it because it's big and flashy and obvious.

i use the Furax (fist weapons) on my rhino. it's powerful, and it charges heavy attacks wickedly fast. i can kill enemies faster with the furax than with a shotgun. sometimes, if i catch a galatine user about to charge attack a group of enemies, i'll zip in and charge attack all of them(typicaly one-hit-kills) before the galatine has finished it's first charge.

anyone else find a melee weapon that they feel is a cut above the rest?
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
if you're a Gamefaqs mod, you're a petty, childish person with power issues.
#2Mega_TyrantPosted 12/2/2013 11:09:46 AM
Fury, Reflex Coil, and Focus Energy completely negate the negative effects of Galatine. Other than that Orthos/Orthos Prime are also amazing charge weapons. And Dual Ichors rock in 10 for their Armor Ignoring basic attacks as well as good crit rate, so you can build a spam crit dmg build and rock enemies.
---
Bludgeo'd for hammer...
GIGABYTE GA-Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i7-4770K | G.SKILL RIPJAWS X SERIES 16GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD
#3TevrenPosted 12/2/2013 11:10:46 AM
I use Galatine, but I have an immense fondness for the style of Orthus/Orthus Prime.
---
PSN: Tarqosis
#4bearded_moose(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:18:07 AM
Mega_Tyrant posted...
Fury, Reflex Coil, and Focus Energy completely negate the negative effects of Galatine. Other than that Orthos/Orthos Prime are also amazing charge weapons. And Dual Ichors rock in 10 for their Armor Ignoring basic attacks as well as good crit rate, so you can build a spam crit dmg build and rock enemies.

Reflex coil + massive blow (the one that grants bonus charge damage) on the furax still makes it fast enough/strong enough to out-charge attack the galatine 3 to 1. try it out. it's a fantastic weapon, and IMO, it has the best looking finisher in the game. i mean... who DOESN'T like to give grineer an mma-style beatdown?
---
#5CaptainzPlanetzPosted 12/2/2013 11:29:09 AM
With a few mods Galantine can do like 1500 damage on a charge attack
#6JLaw619Posted 12/2/2013 11:37:36 AM
CaptainzPlanetz posted...

Have a friend who does 2500 base charge dmg & crits well over 8k with gallantine

I have not read anywhere that any other melee weapon doing that kind of damage
---
PS3 - PS4 --- JLaw619 --- Current Addiction = Warframe
There's two people in this world i trust! One of them is me the other isn't you
#7bearded_moose(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2013 11:43:10 AM
JLaw619 posted...

Have a friend who does 2500 base charge dmg & crits well over 8k with gallantine

imo, the only missions you need that much stopping power on (and also the only missions where you'll find yourself surrounded by enough enemies to offset the time it takes to swing that behemoth) are high level defense and survival missions.

i'm not saying the furax is better than or even as good as the galatine for sheer damage/aoe, but what i am saying is while i can't kill 5 guys at a time with the furax, i CAN charge/kill 3 or 4 in the same amount of time and they don't necessarily have to be surrounding me. i can just run forward while charging and take them out one by one.
---
#8John_8_RamboPosted 12/2/2013 12:03:17 PM
cuz i dont have orthos prime yet
---
PSN: John_J_Rambo
#9JLaw619Posted 12/2/2013 1:45:34 PM
bearded_moose posted...
JLaw619 posted...

imo, the only missions you need that much stopping power on (and also the only missions where you'll find yourself surrounded by enough enemies to offset the time it takes to swing that behemoth) are high level defense and survival missions.

i'm not saying the furax is better than or even as good as the galatine for sheer damage/aoe, but what i am saying is while i can't kill 5 guys at a time with the furax, i CAN charge/kill 3 or 4 in the same amount of time and they don't necessarily have to be surrounding me. i can just run forward while charging and take them out one by one.

But it you put Reflex Coil & (one of the nightmare mods boost charge time plus does electric dmg) it charges and swings in 3 seconds add reach, charge dmg, Crit Hit + & Crit Hit dmg and you could SOLO pretty much any survival mission... Not saying its a must have but if your doing void missions T-2 & T-3 that one weapon would be a goto but dont get me wrong i like my dakra prime & soon will be checking reaper prime out ( missing the handle) so i'm not trying to main a gallantine but it needs to be leveled,potatoed & polarity added before i set it aside and i will definitely be looking at other melee weapons i mean we're space ninjas & swords & axes kick @$$
---
PS3 - PS4 --- JLaw619 --- Current Addiction = Warframe
There's two people in this world i trust! One of them is me the other isn't you
#10godslayer88Posted 12/2/2013 4:43:42 PM
I use the Heat Dagger. Looks awesome, very fast and does pretty nice DPS.