What secondary should I get?

#1BTzzPosted 12/27/2013 1:27:09 PM
Looking for something to potato and make my permanent secondary. Right now I have the Kunai and the Dual Broncos. The Kunai seem great, although I haven't finished leveling them, and the Dual Broncos are solid but redundant when I run shotguns.

Is there good, reliable secondary that's worth getting and potatoing? I have all of the relevant secondary mods like Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, etc. and I'm Mastery Rank 5 so I don't think I'm too limited by choice. Got any recommendations folks?
---
3DS FC: 2680 9347 2647
PSN: Ianbits Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#2squiggy9996999Posted 12/27/2013 1:33:20 PM
i haven;t made acrid yet but it's supposed to be "up there" - making mutagen masses for synapse right now, then it will be acrid's turn.

you might want to try the dual vipers - with the right mods they take out anything not a boss (with a few exceptions).

nothing rare is needed to make them except you need to make two single ones first and then make the double.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#3bluedmonPosted 12/27/2013 1:36:13 PM
I LOVE the Dual Vastos (Akvastos call them what you will) they are pretty amazing they do good damage and fire as fast as (depending on) you can pull the trigger and they are quite accurate to use at a distance or up close.
---
There's different kinds of caring. I care enough to be an *** but I don't care enough to consider his opinion valid to influence anyone's opinion - diablo2lod12
#4Dark Hunter GCPosted 12/27/2013 1:36:32 PM
Try twin vipers or afuris. You will need to run trick mag or pistol ammo mutation, since they drain ammo like nobody's business. I prefer afuris, since they have the larger clip and are a little easier on consumption. Vipers will do a little more burst damage, but with the more frequent reloads the dps is about the same or maybe a little lower, depending one how you mod them.

Both are solid choices.
---
It wasn't a rock....
#5Neonwarrior1243Posted 12/27/2013 1:43:07 PM
Here's a damage chart from PC for Damage 2.0.

http://imgur.com/AYxyxR8.jpg

I personally use the Dual Vastos they're really good I can run whole missions using them and never fall below 150 bullets left.
#6BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 1:49:59 PM
squiggy9996999 posted...
i haven;t made acrid yet but it's supposed to be "up there" - making mutagen masses for synapse right now, then it will be acrid's turn.

you might want to try the dual vipers - with the right mods they take out anything not a boss (with a few exceptions).

nothing rare is needed to make them except you need to make two single ones first and then make the double.

I'm pretty sure Acrid got nerfed :(
---
3DS FC: 2680 9347 2647
PSN: Ianbits Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#7squiggy9996999Posted 12/27/2013 1:57:40 PM
aw crap...
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#8lucky864Posted 12/27/2013 3:16:02 PM
I like the kunai, elemental mods for it make little sense though it's proc rate is almost non existent. Hornets barrel and lethal works well but kunai isn't critical dependent it's RoF so gunslinger and seeker then ya gotta have the pistol mut because it fires and reloads super fast. For extra giggles try hikou with the same thing. Forma in some magnum force, but as for secondaries if there was no dual lex coming id use that.