Ember warframe?

#1derpherp_factorPosted 1/7/2014 12:30:07 PM
is it worth it? any good?
#2HorridhalPosted 1/7/2014 12:35:49 PM
Try it. You might like it.

All frames are viable and she is better than some and not as good as others.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#3Dark Hunter GCPosted 1/7/2014 12:43:50 PM
If you want a mobile AOE frame, she's awesome. Most Frame abilities only affect a set area upon triggering, but Ember can run around with hers. Overheat is awesome, but they are replacing it with Accelerant, which seems good still, but is a major change.

To put my opinion into perspective, my two favorite frames are Trinity and Valkyr. That aside, I will throw out there that Ember is my favorite of the DPS focused frames. I don't care for Volt, Saryn is situational, Nova is just a Molecular Prime canon, don't care fore Excalibur, Mag is fun, but all in all I prefer Ember. Ember has a very fast recharge rate, so shield mods and retribution play well with her.
---
It wasn't a rock....
#4itachi15243Posted 1/7/2014 1:12:15 PM
Max out world on fire and overheat, toss on the right mods, and you're basically an invincible inferno, incinerating everything around you. Some might argue that it's not really the best for late game though.
#5Dark Hunter GCPosted 1/7/2014 1:50:17 PM
itachi15243 posted...
Max out world on fire and overheat, toss on the right mods, and you're basically an invincible inferno, incinerating everything around you. Some might argue that it's not really the best for late game though.

I guess when the replace Overheat, she will be more viable in late game due to possibilities of massive proc damage from Accellerant. Tigris + Blaze + Heated Chamber + Accellerant = melt all infested in seconds. As for other factions... they will still melt anyways.

So if you find her damage to be lackluster now, just wait for that update, and focus on reinforcing her shield for any defense.
---
It wasn't a rock....
#6derpherp_factor(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 1:59:21 PM
thanks--endgame was one of my worries, if its "useless" in endgame that would be a problem.
if its viable in endgame i have no prob with that.
#7itachi15243Posted 1/7/2014 2:12:09 PM
Dark Hunter GC posted...
itachi15243 posted...

I guess when the replace Overheat, she will be more viable in late game due to possibilities of massive proc damage from Accellerant. Tigris + Blaze + Heated Chamber + Accellerant = melt all infested in seconds. As for other factions... they will still melt anyways.

So if you find her damage to be lackluster now, just wait for that update, and focus on reinforcing her shield for any defense.

Honestly the replacement sounds both good and bad. Overheat can help tank a lot. But world on fire is already doing 800+ damage a second for 30 seconds, I can't even imagine what accelerant will do to that number. Probably looking at 30 second boss fights, if that. >.>
#8gatz900Posted 1/8/2014 11:49:05 AM
Ember is great and one of my fav frames. You do see a drop off in usefulness once enemies reach a certain level as wof takes longer to kill and is no longer the aoe deathstorm it is at first. I'm farming for ember prime. Going to potato that sucker and slap on blind rage + focus+ streamline+ fleeting exp+wof+fireblast+redirection+vitality to maximize dps and survivability.
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064
#9JLaw619Posted 1/8/2014 1:48:08 PM(edited)
gatz900 posted...
Ember is great and one of my fav frames. You do see a drop off in usefulness once enemies reach a certain level as wof takes longer to kill and is no longer the aoe deathstorm it is at first. I'm farming for ember prime. Going to potato that sucker and slap on blind rage + focus+ streamline+ fleeting exp+wof+fireblast+redirection+vitality to maximize dps and survivability.

Good build but i think Fast Deflection would serve you better than Vitality ( haven't tried it yet ) but with her low starting health Vitality isn't going to amount to much even maxxed but having your Shields recharging 90% faster seems like it should benefit her more
---
PS3 - PS4 --- JLaw619 --- Current Addiction = Warframe
There's two people in this world i trust! One of them is me the other isn't you
#10gatz900Posted 1/8/2014 2:26:27 PM
JLaw619 posted...
gatz900 posted...

Good build but i think Fast Deflection would serve you better than Vitality ( haven't tried it yet ) but with her low starting health Vitality isn't going to amount to much even maxxed but having your Shields recharging 90% faster seems like it should benefit her more

Good point ill try that out instead. The helm I have on her gives health anyways and shield recharge would help more for shooting enemies
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064