Galatine or Orthos?

#1AndyManXPosted 1/15/2014 7:09:48 PM
I'm currently running the Dual Ether as my melee weapon, and have heard a lot of people talk about both the Orthos and the Galatine. Which should I work on getting? I can make Orthos right now, but for the Galatine I need to get the 4 Galluim for it. Is it worth the wait?
---
"Everything is meaningless." - Ecclesiastes 1:2
http://i.imgur.com/dxpHprt.png
#2Dinkin_FlickaPosted 1/15/2014 7:19:48 PM
Wait for the Galatine. When built for charge damage it's tough to beat since it has such high charge damage and crit %. Just gotta mod down the charge time.
#3Dragonspawn1319Posted 1/15/2014 7:50:30 PM
I say get both, eventually. Galatine is defintely the better damage dealer when modded for it's charge attacks. But orthos' speed and range make it the better weapon for normal attacks. Plus it's attack animations are cooler.
#4gatz900Posted 1/15/2014 8:16:43 PM
Can't confirm personally, but I've hears galantine has a better hit radius for charge attacks. It has a knockdown. Does orthos have a knockdown? I've rarely used mine
---
3DS FC: 1821-9521-7577 ign space
Pokemon bw2 fc: 1378 9885 3064
#5SaintRuzaiPosted 1/15/2014 8:29:05 PM
Don't bother with Orthos. Galatine is probably the best heavy hitting weapon, but if you want to use something on par with it, go for the Orthos Prime instead.
#6bluedmonPosted 1/15/2014 10:07:05 PM
I really like orthos but its not really end game type weapon. That being said no reason not to make it. Experience it then go galletine after its maxed...then maybe go orthos prime.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#7squiggy9996999Posted 1/16/2014 7:58:47 AM
orthos is good but as said not galatine good for high level stiff. but it does have the jumping spin attack if you're into increased movement speed.

it's one of the better melee weapons unless you only use charge attacks.

if you don; like the charge attack style then don't use galatine.

but tbh, i stopped using melee on enemies (except for valkyr, obviously) a while ago.

one day i realized that i had stopped using my melee anymore so at that point i switched to dual swords for the movement speed (i had read that poeple were doing that so i tried it out). and now i am super addicted to spin jumping across every room and hallway that i can - it's too fun (why run when you can jump so fast it's like teleporting?). plus that alone makes me 10% more ninja.

i made dual zorens solely because they are the fastest way to copter in this game.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#8Dark Hunter GCPosted 1/16/2014 8:01:08 AM
Go for Orthos Prime, everyone else uses Galatine. Rock the boat with a little variation.
---
It wasn't a rock....
#9Dinkin_FlickaPosted 1/16/2014 10:04:52 AM
squiggy9996999 posted...

but tbh, i stopped using melee on enemies (except for valkyr, obviously) a while ago.

one day i realized that i had stopped using my melee anymore so at that point i switched to dual swords for the movement speed (i had read that poeple were doing that so i tried it out). and now i am super addicted to spin jumping across every room and hallway that i can - it's too fun (why run when you can jump so fast it's like teleporting?). plus that alone makes me 10% more ninja.

i made dual zorens solely because they are the fastest way to copter in this game.

Pretty much the same for me with the exception of running Derelict Defense for mutagen sample farming going up against Infested. It's nice being able to one shot Ancients even when they're hitting lvl 45+.

Currently leveling the Dual Ichors since they have such a high crit rate. I must say that leveling new weapons with ranked up mods sucks. I keep a batch of low ranked mods just for leveling up stuff, but some of more rare cards like Spoiled Strike and Corrupt Charge are hard to get doubles for. Just built the Dual Vastos and was super bummed when they didn't have a polarity on them. Gonna be a long road to 30.
#10Dark Hunter GCPosted 1/16/2014 10:35:46 AM
Dinkin_Flicka posted...
squiggy9996999 posted...

Pretty much the same for me with the exception of running Derelict Defense for mutagen sample farming going up against Infested. It's nice being able to one shot Ancients even when they're hitting lvl 45+.

Currently leveling the Dual Ichors since they have such a high crit rate. I must say that leveling new weapons with ranked up mods sucks. I keep a batch of low ranked mods just for leveling up stuff, but some of more rare cards like Spoiled Strike and Corrupt Charge are hard to get doubles for. Just built the Dual Vastos and was super bummed when they didn't have a polarity on them. Gonna be a long road to 30.

You people and your guns. Melee weapons are my favorite! This is probably why Trinity and Valkyr are my favorite frames, come to think of it.
---
It wasn't a rock....