The new warframe, Zephyr!!!

#1Barroth_WrathPosted 2/5/2014 9:01:19 PM
A profile on the new Warframe was released!! Its name is Zephyr heres a link for the profile :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGrsidHaW7U
#2ZakurooPosted 2/5/2014 9:21:56 PM
Looks interesting.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
PSN: Wolfy4226. Add me. Wii U: Wolfy4226 Add me.
#3OhGoodPosted 2/5/2014 9:26:17 PM
So is that 9 male frames and 9 female frames now?

equality is awesome.

Anyways her playstyle looks really cool. I really enjoy the idea of her movement based abilities.
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#4ZakurooPosted 2/5/2014 10:12:48 PM
:/ I dunno....The ps4 controller layout really doesn't lend itself to easily activating abilities...
---
#5dooyaunastanPosted 2/5/2014 10:25:45 PM
Zakuroo posted...
:/ I dunno....The ps4 controller layout really doesn't lend itself to easily activating abilities...

L1 to cast powers.
Left and Right on the D-Pad to switch/select them.
The drawback... No waypoint functionality once you switch off of default (that I've found).
The nifty benefit, assigning gear/codex scanner/whatever to the touch pad. Feels much more natural using my touch pad to whip out the codex or place an ammo/energy paddle than it does to cast powers however many times.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#6OhGoodPosted 2/5/2014 10:29:35 PM
I just have powers mapped to each direction of the d-pad.

Why complicate it with having L1 assigned to cast?
---
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
#7ZakurooPosted 2/5/2014 10:31:25 PM
Hmm..I never thought about that...but they did recently make it so that we can change the controller layout, and really the D-pad doesn't do a damn thing anyway...xD

I wonder though, does Zephyr's wind shield make the bullets it re-directs away from her able to hit enemies around her?
---
#8Barroth_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 4:19:43 AM
Yeah the zephyr looks cool and all but it seems it will be a pain to use on all the planets that aren't the new Earth. (Ex. Tight hallways)
#9LordRavielPosted 2/6/2014 6:05:51 AM
dooyaunastan posted...
Zakuroo posted...

L1 to cast powers.
Left and Right on the D-Pad to switch/select them.
The drawback... No waypoint functionality once you switch off of default (that I've found).
The nifty benefit, assigning gear/codex scanner/whatever to the touch pad. Feels much more natural using my touch pad to whip out the codex or place an ammo/energy paddle than it does to cast powers however many times.

The default PC setup is something lke that. I personally prefer Crouch/Slide to be on L1 so after I moved from PS4 to PC I put the 4 abilities on the D-Pad. Anyway I bought the new Frame with Platinum earlier and it is quite fun and good enough for most stages but I expect to see some tweaks.

Dive Bombs AoE and damage both seem really poor no matter how you use it so it might see some changes. Tail Wind is useful enough for traveling. Even in enclosed levels you can jump and activate it in the air to dash down corridor and deal some damage to everything in the way as you go. Tornado like most damage dealing Ults is very useful at low levels. because the number of tornados it spawns is limited it can be inconsistent though and will often leave nearby enemies unaffected combined with the usual scaling issues with damaging skills it isn't great at higher levels but still better than skills like Ember's Ult. I haven't experimented much with Turbulence yet so I wont comment on it but it is next on my list of things to test.
---
Playing: Warframe, Bravely Default,
Gran Turismo 6 and Pokemon Y.
#10squiggy9996999Posted 2/6/2014 7:09:49 AM
i have never had a problem using abilities on ps4. get coordinated or something.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...