Is there any point keeping a level 30 Excalibur?

#1MrMojoRisin357Posted 2/18/2014 11:56:13 PM
I just got Volt and love him, is there any reason for me to keep my old Excalibur?
---
PSN - TooSweet357
#2frogbongPosted 2/19/2014 12:00:34 AM
I never agree with getting rid of a frame but if you refuse to get more slots, sure why not...
---
Psn- XBurningAngelX 360- XIAce0fSpadesIX
#3MrMojoRisin357(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:50:47 AM
Good so it makes sense to get rid of him, he's useless anyways!
---
PSN - TooSweet357
#4harlem545Posted 2/19/2014 1:02:43 AM
MrMojoRisin357 posted...
Good so it makes sense to get rid of him, he's useless anyways!

I'm in the same boat as you. Soon as I can get Volt I'm gonna start looking for nova blueprints and sell my Excalibur
---
Welcome to GameFaqs; where a bunch of random people can't wait to insult you for no reason.
#5zeik56Posted 2/19/2014 1:16:52 AM
You should at least keep him until you get a frame to replace him with. An empty slot is more useless.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#6asdfggghh1Posted 2/19/2014 1:26:51 AM
Misconception: Excalibur is useless.
He's an excellent crowd control character with his Radial Blind.

And the point of keeping him? If you want to Forma him.
Only get rid of him if you want another different Frame and don't plan on buying slots.
---
My balls do not blend.
3DS Friend Thing: 0705-2591-1313 (Ghost Safari)
#7harlem545Posted 2/19/2014 1:45:53 AM
asdfggghh1 posted...
Misconception: Excalibur is useless.
He's an excellent crowd control character with his Radial Blind.

And the point of keeping him? If you want to Forma him.
Only get rid of him if you want another different Frame and don't plan on buying slots.

Oh, he's actually quite useful. I don't see the hate about him! I just don't wanna buy slots and wanna try something new.
---
Welcome to GameFaqs; where a bunch of random people can't wait to insult you for no reason.
#8harlem545Posted 2/19/2014 1:47:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9squiggy9996999Posted 2/19/2014 7:45:10 AM
if you don;t enjoy playing as him, sure get rid of him. but if you think "he sucks so ill sell him" there is a good chance you just don't know how to use him.
---
I want to agree with you but then we'd BOTH be wrong...
#10Dark Hunter GCPosted 2/19/2014 9:39:01 AM
In high level areas, Radial Blind alone is much more useful than any of Volt's moves. You can also use Radial blind to solo Defense missions at 30+. Volt would be hard pressed to manage higher level areas on his own. I think Radial Blind is one of the most useful moves in the entire game. Give him Constitution and Continuity. Get Despair.

He may not be a personal favorite, but that is partly to my bias against all male frames. Female frames or GTFO!

Interesting snippet of information. Nyx was originally intended to be a "female version" of Excalibur. Chaos and Radial Blind are very similar. The difference is that Chaos costs more energy and is a bit more effective, but Radial Blind has a useful initial stun. Just because his description has the word "beginners" in it doesn't mean he is bad. Good for beginners implies that the frame is not bad. Rather, he is better out of the gate than other frames. Rhino would also be good for beginners. He is good right out of the gate.

Does this mean that Rhino is bad? *GASP*

No. Is he great for beginners? Absolutely, you'd better believe he is.

Trinity and Loki, they are clearly best with more advanced mods that are harder to get. Hence, they are not "good for beginners."
---
It wasn't a rock....