noob trying to rank?

#1nascar1Posted 2/20/2014 6:08:07 PM
lol, i'm stuck at rank zero; 3 tries/days failed...any advice PLEASE?

im using the Excalibur warframe and I do pretty good playing the game except for this test and not being able to retry until after 24 hrs. is just brutal...anyways, where im losing most health is from those darn robot legs!

I like the game but not being able to progress and upgrade is killing the fun factor!

any help is appreciated and thanks.
#2DevistroPosted 2/20/2014 6:28:54 PM
Do some of the Mercury survival or Venus survival. Work on getting your vitality and shield mods up and that'll keep you alive. You'll beat it easy after that. Well you also should at least get a braton to take them out.
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#3nascar1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 3:36:34 AM
sounds like good advice and thank you, i'll give it a try (I hope)...pretty sure I've seen or been picking up vitality and shield mods, I'm just not sure how to check or what to do with em?

big time learning curve to this game: mods, transmute, fuse, codex, foundry, blueprints, braton etc...i'll see what I can find on youtube?
#4innerchyld25Posted 2/21/2014 4:09:43 AM
nascar1 posted...
sounds like good advice and thank you, i'll give it a try (I hope)...pretty sure I've seen or been pickingI'm just not sure how to check or what to do with em?

big time learning curve to this game: mods, transmute, fuse, codex, foundry, blueprints, braton etc...i'll see what I can find on youtube?

I suggest reading warframe 's wiki. I learned just about everything that I know about the game from there. I reference it all of the time (Google on my phone automatically brings it up now). Sad how the game does a poor job of explaining how to play it, though.

And here's a tip; move around. Your probably thinking you have to stay in the circle...? Most newbies do, anyway. Take cover behind pillars when they're draining your Health. Also, increase mod strength by fusing. If you increase the redirection mod, your shield will benefit. Vitality mod for health. Fuse them with the fusion cores.
---
3DS FC 4141-2939-4896
#5matrix0523Posted 2/21/2014 4:14:33 AM
Just get the braton. The Mk-1 Braton is atrocious.
---
IGN: Frank West
#6onyx_kane059Posted 2/21/2014 4:16:05 AM
matrix0523 posted...
Just get the braton. The Mk-1 Braton is atrocious.

This is the best advice. This was suggested to me and it made the test a cake walk.
---
...and I heard as it were, the noise of thunder. And I looked and behold was Death saying, "Come and see." And I saw. And Hell followed me.
#7jerry_wirerammePosted 2/21/2014 5:14:17 AM
Yep, I failed the first rank about 4 times lol. Soon as I upgraded my gun I walked it. Equipment is all important in this game, especially the early rank tests. Doesn't matter how skilful you are if your weapons just can't produce the required damage per second.
---
Sean: Pearl 3308 1581 4514, White 4555 9298 7750 White 2 4427 9371 6990 3DS 3239 3581 8314
#8frogbongPosted 2/21/2014 5:54:24 AM
Check out how to install and boost mods, that's first.

A new weapon won't do him too much good if everything is unmodded guys
---
Psn- XBurningAngelX 360- XIAce0fSpadesIX
#9nascar1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 11:29:27 AM
wow, it's a new game...thanks for the advice!

I still got about 4hrs. before I can retry ranking up, but I'm confident to succeed this time as I was able to add essential mods and upgrades for my warframe & weapons...still a lot to learn but i'll get there ;)
#10LuigiohPosted 2/21/2014 9:23:23 PM
frogbong posted...
Check out how to install and boost mods, that's first.

A new weapon won't do him too much good if everything is unmodded guys

An unmodded Boltor did more damage for me than my level 30 Bratton. Lol.
---
*tips fedora* :^)