Buying platinum

#1Lawboy2Posted 2/26/2014 1:14:46 PM
Would u say it's better to buy platinum or just grind it out...how much will u be missing without buying platinum
#2zeik56Posted 2/26/2014 1:46:12 PM
Buying some platinum is not a bad idea, because you need it for stuff like weapon and warframe slots, which cannot be gotten any other way. However when it comes to unlocking new weapons and warframes you're much better off just grinding out the materials and making them yourself over spending the platinum, with maybe a couple exceptions.
---
I'm a dick, and I want to subject other people to that. ~ R.I.P. Ryan Davis
#3nascar1Posted 2/26/2014 2:04:23 PM
so, if you buy a warframe with platinum, do you have access to it right away or is there a wait time?
#4Oxy_Moron123Posted 2/26/2014 2:08:04 PM
(most) warframes with plat are a complete waste of plat.

Note: they DO come with a reactor (20plat) and a slot (12 plat) so they have a 32 plat value...that makes the 75plat warframes not too bad if you don't want to farm them...but paying like 300plat for a warframe is a joke...
---
diversity n., pl., -ties.: 1. An old wooden ship from the Civil War era.
Turtles all the way down.
#5zeik56Posted 2/26/2014 2:08:30 PM
Yes, you can use them immediately. They also come built-in with a reactor and warframe slot. Some of the cheaper or rarer frames can be worth the cost, if you have plenty to spare.
---
#6Taishi Ci CCRPosted 2/26/2014 2:42:16 PM
Oxy_Moron123 posted...

Note: they DO come with a reactor (20plat) and a slot (12 plat) so they have a 32 plat value...that makes the 75plat warframes not too bad if you don't want to farm them...but paying like 300plat for a warframe is a joke...

A Warframe slot is 20p, not 12p. So... A 75p Warframe is actually 35p after Slot and potato costs. I bought Volt and Excalibur because I don't want to bother farming them.

Side note: Got Banshee Helmet last night! Whoop! Building now... **** off, Update 12.
---
Dave Mustaine for President.
Taishi, you are hilarious. I look forward to checking out this board every day for your posts. - piercechucky09
#7STINKYWHISPERPosted 2/26/2014 2:46:31 PM
As the other posters have mentioned most w arframes aren't worth the plat. I bought a couple and totally regret it. Only ones I see much sense in buying currently would be the 75 plat ones and Vauban.

I strongly recommend not spending any plat until you played enough to know what weapons you want to potato and forma etc. Imo the longer you hold off spending the better choices you'll make.

Although if you must spend some the usual recommendation of warframe and weapon slots still stands. Possibly a sentinel as well. I recommend carrier.
---
PSN: STINKY_ WHISPER
#8Oxy_Moron123Posted 2/26/2014 3:22:16 PM
Taishi Ci CCR posted...
Oxy_Moron123 posted...

A Warframe slot is 20p, not 12p. So... A 75p Warframe is actually 35p after Slot and potato costs. I bought Volt and Excalibur because I don't want to bother farming them.

Side note: Got Banshee Helmet last night! Whoop! Building now... **** off, Update 12.

yup, weapon slots are 12 (for 2), my bad...been a while since i bought slots.

yeah, when i got to loki, i looked at the materials that dropped on (is it neptune?) and said "nope" and went to the market. Exc i started with and mag was pretty easy to farm early on.

But yeah, the 75 plat ones can be worth it...but any frame that cost more you can farm in no time...the "hardest" is probably Nekros and depending on luck people can farm him for you in 30 min to an hour usually. I've gotten all 3 parts in less than 20 minutes, but thats rare.

If you go to region chat and ask if anyone can help you farm x warframe, i would imagine it wouldnt be too hard to get help.
---
diversity n., pl., -ties.: 1. An old wooden ship from the Civil War era.
Turtles all the way down.
#9Lawboy2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 6:36:42 PM
Wait a min...I might be confused I thought platinum was currency
#10zeik56Posted 2/26/2014 6:42:05 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Wait a min...I might be confused I thought platinum was currency

It is, but it's the currency you buy with real money.
---