The Crew vs Drive Club

#1Real_Cloud01Posted 6/12/2013 9:25:49 AM
What do you think will be the best launch window racing game assuming that you don't want PS+ yet. I am leaning more towards The Crew because of the coast to coast map. Any one have a list of confirmed cities for this game?
---
When something smells, it's usually the Butz.
#20roddmanPosted 6/12/2013 3:47:48 PM
The Crew AND Drive Club.
---
girl, i'm like william herschel...
#3masterosportsPosted 6/12/2013 5:24:37 PM
Real_Cloud01 posted...
What do you think will be the best launch window racing game assuming that you don't want PS+ yet. I am leaning more towards The Crew because of the coast to coast map. Any one have a list of confirmed cities for this game?

I'd have to go with The Crew as well,but only because I like that type of game more than DriveClub. However, I am getting both, as both seem to be outstanding games. But yeah, the edge has to go to The Crew.

As for a list of confirmed cities, the ones you can see from the map in the demo are:
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Detroit
New York
and Miami.
There's also another city I think to the left of Detroit, but I couldn't make out what it said. Also there was a national park in one of the Dakotas.
Also, according to this article:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/exciting-copy-and-pasted-official-qa-about-ubisofts-the-crew/

You can visit Aspen, Colorado as well.
It also mentions you can visit canyons, so perhaps the Grand Canyon?
---
PSN: SickPuppies-O_o
I dislike people. Especially you.
#4hyper_shadow99Posted 6/13/2013 2:28:23 AM
Real_Cloud01 posted...
assuming that you don't want PS+ yet.

Considering it's constantly online, my guess is the crew might not work without Ps+, and if it does, it'll be a shell of what it could be
---
Official Braig of the KH:3D Board
#5masterosportsPosted 6/13/2013 3:10:30 AM
hyper_shadow99 posted...
Real_Cloud01 posted...
assuming that you don't want PS+ yet.

Considering it's constantly online, my guess is the crew might not work without Ps+, and if it does, it'll be a shell of what it could be

They did mention that you could play offline if you chose to. Offline for the story mode you end up getting a crew of AI players, so yeah you're right. It's a shell of what it could be haha
---
PSN: SickPuppies-O_o
Self Proclaimed The Crew #1 Fan
#6WiredKnightPosted 6/17/2013 3:03:40 PM
I played both at E3 last week. To be honest? Drive Club wasn't doing it for me. Unless it improves vastly the graphics look sub par (more like an early PS3/360 title than even a late gen title). Additionally the driving physics just didn't feel that good, including the camera whipping around when you hit something and cars oddly rebounding off of collisions.

The Crew on the otherhand actually came out as one of my favorite games from E3 that I actually got my hands on. The game looks fantastic, the handeling is great (arcade style, so if you're looking for sim racer this won't fit the bill) and plenty of variety and game modes. The world itself felt much more realized than did Drive Club.
#7Shadow2LifePosted 6/17/2013 4:06:13 PM
So far my ranking for next gen racing games go as followed:

The Crew > NFS Rivals > Drive Club
---
http://i.imgur.com/CX6TY4E.gif || http://i.imgur.com/0cIolFS.gif
#8DEATHSCHILDPosted 6/17/2013 5:01:27 PM
Shadow2Life posted...
So far my ranking for next gen racing games go as followed:

The Crew > NFS Rivals > Drive Club

From the videos that I've seen of the games.. The Crew looks the most entertaining or fun, mostly from the coop video of the players taking down the Armored Car..

I've been waiting for a Midnight Club meets Burnout Paradise meets Driver meets Fuel (from the size of the world) meets Motor Storm.. As these are the games that The Crew reminds me of while watching the trailers, just all in one game..
---
The Reaper is my Father..
#9antioppressionPosted 6/17/2013 10:19:22 PM
The Crew > Driving Cars In Real Life
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#10IcyFlamez96Posted 6/18/2013 8:44:32 AM
You already know
---
If ya na'mean
Ratchet and Clank movie.... YESSSS