Things to list

#1masterosportsPosted 6/18/2013 5:09:37 AM
What's at the top of your to do list when you get this game?

Mine:
1: With the first car, depending on where you start at (I heard the game is based of street racing in Detroit, so maybe we start there?) drive to the furthest coast as fast as possible using just roads.

2: Assuming we end up in California, start the drive back to starting point exploring a bit more.

3: On the way back, stop in Aspen Colorado and try to find a monster jump off the mountain.

4: Start the story and work my way up to a Lamborghini

5: Find out if you can customize the lambo into an offroad vehicle.

6: Take the lambo offroad regardless and have some fun that'd make most people cringe at what I'm doing to it.
---
PSN: SickPuppies-O_o
Self Proclaimed The Crew #1 Fan
#2Lollybomb ZeroPosted 6/18/2013 6:49:57 AM
Go to the Canadian (or Mexican if closer) border to see what they do to stop me from driving off the map.

See if Boston is there in any way.

Kit out the Lamborghini in all the offroad gear just for giggles.

Hope that we can define our own races, and do either Cannonball Run or NFS The Run with checkpoints in all the major locations. The Run is strange because it goes from SF to Vegas for no reason other than the sights.
---
355/113 -- Not the famous irrational number PI, but an incredible simulation!
e^(pi i)+1=0
#33rd-DagreePosted 6/21/2013 8:23:45 PM
In real life people get mad at at other people that put 24"+ Rims on exotics.You be surprised at how many GTfans hate Forza, Midnight Club and Need For Speed just for that reason alone. Im pretty sure a lot of hardcore GTfans wont play this game but the ones that do I can only imagine the amount of hate people will get when they add monster truck tires on a exotic lol.
---
Q: How do I have sex in this game people - csnthefirst
A: Why don't you try having sex in real life? - Dr_Mojo
#4LollybombPosted 6/22/2013 2:31:18 PM
Oh I'm one of those people who strongly believes that EA should never bring back NFS Underground. A NFS with nothing but a fleet of low end cars, mandatory (and useless) upgrades, no police chases? No thanks! Here the upgrades actually make a difference, so I'm cool with them. Also I just think that an offroad Lamborghini would be hilarious.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#5DEATHSCHILDPosted 6/24/2013 10:45:30 AM
Anyone know if the world going to be open from the start? Or do you unlock each area as you progress?
I don't mind either way, though I do like unlocking parts as you progress..

I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get the game.. Aside from driving around exploring.. Hopefully at least one of my friends will be playing this game..

I've only seen a handful of real cars with 24"+ wheels that look decent, or that are practical and use able, but not many. As far as performance is concerned.. I've seen more wheels falling off these cars than any other kind of custom vehicle..

I'm hoping Hot Rods will in the game, as the Extreme Hot Rod in Burnout Paradise was one of the best / insane vehicles in the game..
---
The Reaper is my Father..
#6senttohellPosted 6/24/2013 12:11:01 PM
Choosing one of the stock cars for a tryout will be first, don't know which one yet. I'll select whatever strikes my fancy when I first load the game.

Maybe then explore a bit and soak up some scenery.

Ramming a pedestrian is high on the list...you know...just to see what would happen :-)

Start tinkering around with tuning/customizing and see what sort of zany things can be done right out of the box.

Finally, start playing the game in earnest after the above tinkering has shown me some ropes.
#7darkdawneePosted 6/25/2013 4:26:23 PM
senttohell posted...

Ramming a pedestrian is high on the list...you know...just to see what would happen :-)

---
i like frogs
#8LollybombPosted 6/25/2013 6:01:08 PM
darkdawnee posted...
senttohell posted...

Hate to break it to you, they dodge. Even if you approach them at 200mph from behind, they dodge. Even if they have to cheat by just sliding out of the way, they dodge. Driver SF had pedestrians too, and that's exactly what they did. They also already said that you can't hit them.

Carmageddon lets you hit them though, so look for that later. It's supposedly coming out on the PS4.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.
#9senttohellPosted 6/26/2013 10:47:31 AM
Damn, I guess I'll have to find another way to have fun in the game :-)

Carmegeddon! I haven't played one of those since Total Destruction Racing :-) OK, now I'm stoked for 2 driving games on PS4. BONUS!
#10darkdawneePosted 6/26/2013 2:25:07 PM
Oh no, can't kill people. Not buying the game now. /sarcasm
---
i like frogs