Release Date???

#11alexismynamexxPosted 6/22/2013 11:59:18 AM
Purple_Cheetah posted...
Summer can range as far as august and even september in some places.
I wouldn't be suprised to see the beta by the end of this month. However, question is how long the beta will run and how long it'll take them to correct whatever it is they need to correct and get certed(certification is roughly 2 weeks usually).

Hopefully the beta is only for stress testing the servers and catching any loose issues, nothing serious.

They have a patch client so it shouldnt need certification, they should be able to make changes to the game without needing a patch from xbox live but from their client servers instead.
#12Purple_CheetahPosted 6/22/2013 12:08:20 PM
I meant the beta(and I suppose the full game) itself, usually the base game/client needs to go through the cert process before MS will throw it up. Patches/updates can be different.
#13goguard18Posted 6/22/2013 1:53:52 PM
The way they continue with the "no set date" answers leads me to believe they have a target number of applicants in mind, or it is out of their hands and in microsofts.
#14PippythePoopPosted 6/23/2013 6:33:44 AM
Purple_Cheetah posted...

OMG!

Summer ends on September 22th. "Summer" is not a reference to a school year, LOL!
---
"Sig Wipes"....the easiest way to get 100's of messages modded at once! Woo-Hoo!
#15Strakadh_OFPosted 6/23/2013 9:40:51 AM
PippythePoop posted...
Purple_Cheetah posted...

OMG!

Summer ends on September 22th. "Summer" is not a reference to a school year, LOL!

Ha or maybe he was referring to Summer in the sense of summer weather, in which case he should revise his statement.

Summer weather can last into November down here.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#16Purple_CheetahPosted 6/23/2013 8:37:31 PM(edited)
Yeah guess I should elaborate.
I knew it officially ended around there, but I wasn't in the mood to confirm the exact date at the time. I was mostly refering to the whole "it depends on who you ask" or their definition, since it can vary from person to person. The "in some places" was meant to imply this, but I could have been more clear.

Around here we'll have summer weather/temps all the way into december(rarely even jan), however due to some reason or another I (and I'm sure others) tend to consider september as fall. Sorta like november mistakenly thrown in with winter even though it doesn't officially come around till after.
Heck I've seen people refer to august as fall at times.

I wasn't intending to use the school year's summer, but can see the connection.
#17Strakadh_OFPosted 6/24/2013 11:30:05 AM
Purple_Cheetah posted...
Yeah guess I should elaborate.
I knew it officially ended around there, but I wasn't in the mood to confirm the exact date at the time. I was mostly refering to the whole "it depends on who you ask" or their definition, since it can vary from person to person. The "in some places" was meant to imply this, but I could have been more clear.

Around here we'll have summer weather/temps all the way into december(rarely even jan), however due to some reason or another I (and I'm sure others) tend to consider september as fall. Sorta like november mistakenly thrown in with winter even though it doesn't officially come around till after.
Heck I've seen people refer to august as fall at times.

I wasn't intending to use the school year's summer, but can see the connection.

I knew what you meant.

I don't know what from but I think its already well established what months make up which seasons, seems more to be an averaging of actual weather conditions across the world.

I say it comes in August.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#18XCWLokiPosted 6/25/2013 12:26:37 PM
On the game marketplace there was a World of Tanks logo, and when you select it my xbox started to download internet explorer for some reason. Anyone know what the deal is?
#19snowtrooper6Posted 6/25/2013 1:18:53 PM
XCWLoki posted...
On the game marketplace there was a World of Tanks logo, and when you select it my xbox started to download internet explorer for some reason. Anyone know what the deal is?

It is a shortcut to the online beta registration.
#20PippythePoopPosted 6/26/2013 10:21:09 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...
I don't know what from but I think its already well established what months make up which seasons, seems more to be an averaging of actual weather conditions across the world.

Epic Facepalm.

Oh our education system...

The seasons have specific astronomical definitions based on the equinoxes and solstices, which are in turn defined by positions of the sun on the celestial equater. These dates almost always occur on the 20th, 21st, 22nd, or 23rd of the months December, March, June and September.
---
"Sig Wipes"....the easiest way to get 100's of messages modded at once! Woo-Hoo!