Kiefer's take on Big Boss sounds soft and frail

#1GencoilPosted 9/25/2013 12:38:51 AM(edited)
What happened to the gruffness? Kiefer doesn't sound like he's on a dangerous mission, he sounds like he's going camping or something. It's like he didn't even listen to David Hayter's voice for inspiration before going into recording. He somehow manages to make Snake sound younger, despite being 10 years older since we last saw him.

Now I know there may be a possible explanation for this. Snake's been in a coma for 9 years. Obviously, he hasn't touched a cigar in all that time. Maybe this is his "normal", clean voice? No... that doesn't make sense because he has the same voice in Ground Zeroes which takes place just one year after Peace Walker.

Or, y'know, Kiefer just screwed up. I haven't really determined which one it is yet.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#2Kuebel33Posted 9/25/2013 4:53:38 AM
Yeah.. I like Kiefer to be honest, but his voice just doesn't work for Snake. I need that gritty hoarse voice :/ Hopefully I get use to it.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#3Arxenal_SpiritPosted 9/25/2013 4:57:02 AM
When he said "Kept you waiting huh?" I was like no this is not the voice of snake. It sounded so empty whereas Hayter it sounded so catchy.
---
tenth remainder
#4EvilCactusPosted 9/25/2013 6:10:08 AM
Why would he listen to David Hayter for inspiration? The less he sounds like Microsoft Sam with throat cancer, the better.
---
sig here
#5EvilCactusPosted 9/25/2013 6:11:06 AM
Why would he listen to David Hayter for inspiration? The less he sounds like Microsoft Sam with throat cancer, the better.
---
sig here
#6Tuggboat1121Posted 9/25/2013 6:38:47 AM
He sounds fine, he doesn't need to sound the same as Hayter. Hayter's Old Snake and PW Big Boss were awful. I don't know if Hayter just can't do the voice as well anymore, or he was trying WAY to hard but he's obviously losing the touch. Kiefer sounded fine to me, people really need to just get over it.
---
New England Patriots: 3-0
Next up: Atlanta Falcons
#7shadowscreedPosted 9/25/2013 6:45:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMikUGFfqw

his voice does not match who snake is. i think there is so many fans that would agree about the voice.
---
DeAD!! and LOvIn IT
#8Tuggboat1121Posted 9/25/2013 9:45:23 AM
shadowscreed posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMikUGFfqw

his voice does not match who snake is. i think there is so many fans that would agree about the voice.

And there are plenty of people who can accept that Kiefer is going to do a fine job, and we don't need Hayter. What's your point?
---
#9BlackestGardenPosted 9/25/2013 10:07:57 AM
Sutherland's Snake sounds so...defeated.

"Kaz, I'm already a demon."

Maybe thats the whole point.
#10Tuggboat1121Posted 9/25/2013 10:37:07 AM
BlackestGarden posted...
Sutherland's Snake sounds so...defeated.

"Kaz, I'm already a demon."

Maybe thats the whole point.

Also this. It's clear at this point Boss is tired, he's been going through this for years. His name is Punished Snake for crying out loud.
---