Who do you consider the most attractive woman in the series? *SERIES SPOILERS*

#61MellowLyricistPosted 11/19/2013 5:44:02 PM
Quiet, though it helps that she's modeled after a real-life model.
---
Children, send me back home
For this is the reason you were born
#62sevil_yelimsPosted 11/19/2013 9:42:07 PM
MiyamotoSakurai posted...
DevilKnight posted...
There's something to be said about Meryl and how built she was. She has shoulders to die for. (primarily MGS4 here) Though slightly over-built in a few places, but the main issue with her was how neurotic she was. So I can't look at her arc as a whole and say I felt she was particularly attractive.

I agree with this. Physically she's quite attractive, but her attitude takes away from her attractiveness for me too. She was a little bossy in MGS1 but not too bad, then in MGS4 she really wasn't nice to Snake despite the fact that he saved her life in the first game, confirmed by the fact that she dies in the bad ending. And I still can't believe she chose to marry Johnny Sasaki, the goofball guard with the stomach problems throughout the series -_-

I think Meryl gets misunderstood for her behavior quite often. Naturally, most people look to MGS1 as their favorite incarnation of the character where she was a young, eager soldier-in-training who idolizes Solid Snake and desires to be useful and live up to his standards. She is the playful love interest and having her outcome decided by your decisions factors heavily on that. With MGS4 she's already a seasoned soldier in charge of her own unit. She still views Snake as a legend, but once she learns of his accelerated aging she becomes more protective of his safety. So as the player you find her nagging Snake and telling him to stop his pointless mission. She's not being mean out of spite. She still does care and harbor feelings for him even though their relationship never worked out.

Another thing is most people look fondly at Roy Campbell, and Meryl spends most of MGS4 speaking bitterly about him. But given the circumstances I would say it feels justified. Meryl was brought up believing Roy was her uncle and that her father died. She trained her whole life to be a soldier just like her father. And then she learns that her mother had an affair with her uncle and he is her actual dad. That's a lot to emotionally take in and it creates a lot of distrust and disgust among her family. Then she learns he married Rose and seemingly had a kid with her. We later learn this was a cover to protect Raiden's family, but no one knew about this at the time, including Meryl. So it seems as though Campbell is distancing himself from her and starting a new family on his own. Of course she would be pissed off at him.

Johnny is a whole different matter, and I understand why people do not approve. I can see what they were doing with him. Trying to make this minor joke character into an important central part of the story where he "redeems" himself by saving everyone and ends up getting the girl in the end. But I think it played out poorly for longtime fans who had a much more developed relationship between Snake and Meryl in MGS1. We know Johnny's had a bit of a crush on Meryl (and even compares Olga to her at a point) but Meryl's feelings for him are never explored, and at best we just get vague hints that she's looking out for him because he's such a klutz to to team (and just kicking his ass into gear). The wedding scene just came off as very cheesy. A way for Meryl and her father to make amends while also retiring her to live a life with Johnny.
---
I want it all.
#63tonberrymastaPosted 11/20/2013 9:01:07 PM
Oh no...Nay-ho-mi made it to 100 first ;(
#64MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:39:00 AM
xTundra-- posted...
Other.

Emma!

Agreed, Emma is very attractive! She pulls off the glasses well! :)

Grecoquant posted...
Quiet is super sexy tops :3

MellowLyricist posted...
Quiet, though it helps that she's modeled after a real-life model.

Quiet is super sexy! And it does help that she's played by Stefanie Joosten, I've looked her up since she's the motion capture for such an attractive character, and now I have a major crush on her! Similar to when I looked up who played Lara Croft in the most recent Tomb Raider game and now have a crush on Camilla Luddington!

tonberrymasta posted...
Oh no...Nay-ho-mi made it to 100 first ;(

Hey don't diss Naomi! She may have played with Otacon's emotions but she was instrumental to taking down the Patriots! Plus, she is extremely hot! There's a reason that checking her out restored Snake's stamina, and that Otacon's MK II tried to look up her skirt! I will agree that Eva was great competition for her though.
#65MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:45:37 AM
sevil_yelims posted...
MiyamotoSakurai posted...
DevilKnight posted...
There's something to be said about Meryl and how built she was. She has shoulders to die for. (primarily MGS4 here) Though slightly over-built in a few places, but the main issue with her was how neurotic she was. So I can't look at her arc as a whole and say I felt she was particularly attractive.

I agree with this. Physically she's quite attractive, but her attitude takes away from her attractiveness for me too. She was a little bossy in MGS1 but not too bad, then in MGS4 she really wasn't nice to Snake despite the fact that he saved her life in the first game, confirmed by the fact that she dies in the bad ending. And I still can't believe she chose to marry Johnny Sasaki, the goofball guard with the stomach problems throughout the series -_-

I think Meryl gets misunderstood for her behavior quite often. Naturally, most people look to MGS1 as their favorite incarnation of the character where she was a young, eager soldier-in-training who idolizes Solid Snake and desires to be useful and live up to his standards. She is the playful love interest and having her outcome decided by your decisions factors heavily on that. With MGS4 she's already a seasoned soldier in charge of her own unit. She still views Snake as a legend, but once she learns of his accelerated aging she becomes more protective of his safety. So as the player you find her nagging Snake and telling him to stop his pointless mission. She's not being mean out of spite. She still does care and harbor feelings for him even though their relationship never worked out.

Another thing is most people look fondly at Roy Campbell, and Meryl spends most of MGS4 speaking bitterly about him. But given the circumstances I would say it feels justified. Meryl was brought up believing Roy was her uncle and that her father died. She trained her whole life to be a soldier just like her father. And then she learns that her mother had an affair with her uncle and he is her actual dad. That's a lot to emotionally take in and it creates a lot of distrust and disgust among her family. Then she learns he married Rose and seemingly had a kid with her. We later learn this was a cover to protect Raiden's family, but no one knew about this at the time, including Meryl. So it seems as though Campbell is distancing himself from her and starting a new family on his own. Of course she would be pissed off at him.

Johnny is a whole different matter, and I understand why people do not approve. I can see what they were doing with him. Trying to make this minor joke character into an important central part of the story where he "redeems" himself by saving everyone and ends up getting the girl in the end. But I think it played out poorly for longtime fans who had a much more developed relationship between Snake and Meryl in MGS1. We know Johnny's had a bit of a crush on Meryl (and even compares Olga to her at a point) but Meryl's feelings for him are never explored, and at best we just get vague hints that she's looking out for him because he's such a klutz to to team (and just kicking his ass into gear). The wedding scene just came off as very cheesy. A way for Meryl and her father to make amends while also retiring her to live a life with Johnny.

These are great points actually, I never thought about it that way! I still prefer her in MGS1, but now it seems more logical for her to act the way she did in MGS4. I'm glad we agree on her relationship with Johnny being rushed though. Still, either way, I won't deny that she's very attractive! I prefer Mei Ling's butt to any other MGS character's, but I think it's noteworthy how great Meryl's butt is as well.
#66sevil_yelimsPosted 11/22/2013 3:11:22 PM
Which is funny you say that because Johnny attempted to feel Mei Ling's ass before Meryl caught him in MGS4.
---
I want it all.
#67Chain_StrikePosted 11/22/2013 6:32:51 PM
Naomi and EVA top of the polls? Really? jeez...talk about taste....
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#68sevil_yelimsPosted 11/22/2013 9:23:47 PM
Who needs thoughtful, caring, trusting women when you have cleavage in your face? That's what really makes a girl attractive.
---
I want it all.
#69Chain_StrikePosted 11/23/2013 1:23:20 PM
You could Flick Naomi and EVA in the nose and they would fall over like a stack of sticks.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho1_500.gif http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxyjpeMrnZ1qcq2vho2_500.gif The Juri Step. See it, love it.
#70Mel_the_vinPosted 11/23/2013 4:23:56 PM
It's between Cecille, Para Medic, and Quiet for me.
Cecile, I love a French accent
Para Medic, she is smart, and that makes her very attractive
Quiet, do I really have to explain why I think she is attractive. It's her face and she knows her way around a gun.