A thought on Sutherland

#1perfection_86Posted 11/5/2013 12:14:54 PM
Sorry to bust your bubble trolls, but this isn't a hate on Sutherland (even though IMO Hulk Hogan would have been a better big boss). The reasons I think Hayter was replaced was

1. Kojima need a face actor for mo. cap.

2. After Hayter's peace walker performance he needed to be shown he not indispensable.

3. Kojima wants you to feel detached from BB for reason 4

4. The most important reason, Kojima is planing a revamp of the original MG & MG2 and he can't have Hayter voice BB & Solid Snake.

If Kojima is planing a revamp that would make sense to replace BB's voice sooner rather than later to stop the controversy and get it over with that is seen now with Sutherland
---
With all the things a 'loving' god could change with a mere whim and don't. If there is a god it will understand why I don't believe in it ~ Perfection_86
#2BlitzPantherPosted 11/5/2013 1:10:51 PM(edited)
While I would be inclined to agree, the situation was not handled well and the bridge between Kojima and Hayter is very much burnt. Hayter even going as far as to say he won't be playing MGS V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezqORX1gOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=2m20s
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#3perfection_86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:20:52 PM
Kojima has a history of messing with the fans minds, never know maybe Hayters in on some sort of hoax. Just my thoughts nothing more.
---
With all the things a 'loving' god could change with a mere whim and don't. If there is a god it will understand why I don't believe in it ~ Perfection_86
#4Ether101Posted 11/5/2013 1:46:40 PM
perfection_86 posted...
Sorry to bust your bubble trolls, but this isn't a hate on Sutherland (even though IMO Hulk Hogan would have been a better big boss). The reasons I think Hayter was replaced was

2. After Hayter's peace walker performance he needed to be shown he not indispensable.

4. The most important reason, Kojima is planing a revamp of the original MG & MG2 and he can't have Hayter voice BB & Solid Snake.

If Kojima is planing a revamp that would make sense to replace BB's voice sooner rather than later to stop the controversy and get it over with that is seen now with Sutherland

But he isn't planing to remake MG1&2 because he now knows that he ****ed up the franchise and people are pissed with him trying to make Big Boss a good guy.
---
Complacency can be a sin. Gamer's have lost their pride.
#5perfection_86(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2013 1:57:57 PM
Ether101 posted...
perfection_86 posted...

But he isn't planing to remake MG1&2 because he now knows that he ****ed up the franchise and people are pissed with him trying to make Big Boss a good guy.

But we are talking about Kojima, loopholes and plot mess ups haven't stopped him before. And besides BB isn't the bad guy in his own mind. He is trying to make a soldier's paradise where there is no politics, no ideology, just the mission.
---
#6Bishop_SasaraiPosted 11/5/2013 2:35:12 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
While I would be inclined to agree, the situation was not handled well and the bridge between Kojima and Hayter is very much burnt. Hayter even going as far as to say he won't be playing MGS V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezqORX1gOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player#t=2m20s

Wow, SO mature, David Hayter! Cry more.
#7kill_distroyPosted 11/5/2013 2:47:07 PM
BlitzPanther posted...

That is entirely on Hayter. Sure, Konami could've handled it better by contacting Hayter and telling him he won't be in the game, but Hayter is just overrating. He even said he was "fired" and stuff like that. How can you get fired if you've never been hired in the first place?
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#8ScoobySnackPosted 11/5/2013 3:04:04 PM
kill_distroy posted...
That is entirely on Hayter. Sure, Konami could've handled it better by contacting Hayter and telling him he won't be in the game, but Hayter is just overrating. He even said he was "fired" and stuff like that. How can you get fired if you've never been hired in the first place?

Konami handled it just fine.

perfection_86 posted...
(even though IMO Hulk Hogan would have been a better big boss)

In my opinion, your opinion is pitiful.
---
This is our ''Trap America...''
The Six-Man Power Trip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhWheE_xas
#9BlitzPantherPosted 11/5/2013 3:24:35 PM
The reason I'm against Sutherland is because the "Snake" character is very much based on Kurt Russell's portrayal of Snake Plissken in Escape from New York and Escape from L.A. Kurt Russell's Snake Plisken was gruffy in speech, David Hayter translated this into Solid Snake and Big Boss. This isn't a pro-Hayter anti-Sutherland post, though Sutherland could've atleast "attempted" to capture the original Snake Plissken voice and attitude.

Think I'll watch Escape from New York tonight. Been a few years.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#10ClericIdolaPosted 11/5/2013 3:26:40 PM
As much as I love Jack Bauer, Richard Doyle should have reprised his role. Seriously, no one made a fuss about that in MGS4. (Although it would have been weird listening to a conversation between two like-sounding individuals.)

From what I've heard of BB Sutherland, he sounds like a pretty decent transition into BB Doyle.
---
"This isn't ATB. This is Command Synergy Battle... Welcome to the Future."