So Hayter is kind of a *****?

#1BlitzPantherPosted 11/16/2013 12:00:55 PM
People claiming that he "can't" do the classic Snake voice anymore. I looked into it, apparently the voice was hard on Hayter's vocal chords. Did he injure his voice to the point he can't speak like that anymore? So is it a matter of can't or won't? If it's a matter of won't instead of can't then, and it sucks to say this, Hayter is kind of a little *****. Mark Hamill did the joker for a looong ass time and stated it strained and hurt his voice but he kept doing the voice the same way anyway.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#2beardface21Posted 11/16/2013 12:06:43 PM(edited)
Even Mark Hamill got replaced.

I can't fault Hayter for taking the news roughly that he was replaced. I mean you love a job that you do for many years, only to find out that you lost that job to someone else.

I'd be a bit ticked too. But such is the world of VA. Kojima could have handled it more diplomatically, but we also don't know the entire story of what happened.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#3myzz7Posted 11/16/2013 12:34:34 PM
beardface21 posted...
Kojima could have handled it more diplomatically, but we also don't know the entire story of what happened.

more detail? im behind on this news, but i knew david hayter wasn't happy to be replaced.
---
http://s10.postimage.org/mxioonsd1/gildavatar.gif http://i.imgur.com/Sv563GA.jpg
#4occonoPosted 11/16/2013 12:42:36 PM
myzz7 posted...
beardface21 posted...
Kojima could have handled it more diplomatically, but we also don't know the entire story of what happened.

more detail? im behind on this news, but i knew david hayter wasn't happy to be replaced.

IIRC, Hayter was never contacted about it, he knew as much as fans knew.
#5BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2013 12:59:26 PM
Mark Hamill stepped down of his own accord.

As for Hayter, I follow him on twitter and it was about a year to year and a half ago he tweated something like "Metal Gear Ground Zeroes? Guess I know what I'm working on in a few months."

But this isn't about him being replaced. It's about if he is unable and can't do classic snake anymore or if it hurts his voice and simply won't do it.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#6tonberrymastaPosted 11/16/2013 1:21:28 PM
Yeah, David Hayter was shafted. Basically Kojima got a chance to higher a big A-list Hollywood actor to play Snake and he went for it. I can't blame Kojima, and Hayter should understand that this is the future of voice acting for big games (like Ellen Page and William Defoe in another recent PS3 game).

I DO think it would be great if they brought David Hayter in to play Snake, if only for the Deja Vu mission if anything. He has become a big part of American metal gear for the long time fans.
#7riddlebox89Posted 11/16/2013 1:48:46 PM
It's a matter of can't. Seriously, pick up the Legacy Collection and watch the two digital graphic novels, supposed to be MGS1 and 2, but he uses his Peace Walker Big Boss voice.

He's even said it himself once that after doing MGS4 he can rarely "channel" that voice anymore like he used to.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8Rikkus_dadPosted 11/16/2013 2:41:31 PM
Hayter sucks now anyway. He can only do old Snake voice which is just to forced for a younger Snake (and is still a bit too much for old Snake).
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#9FireAssetPosted 11/16/2013 4:47:23 PM
Hey TC, what does ***** mean you little *****?
---
"Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls! They're small, And they don't give a ****!!!"---www.tourettesguy.com
#10super hotshot bowserPosted 11/16/2013 5:03:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]