What about Solidus?

#1steefiepiePosted 11/16/2013 1:20:56 PM
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project, he was made as "the perfect" clone right after. So will he have a role in MGS V?
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/16/2013 1:49:17 PM
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project,

...yes he is.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3RedRaven80Posted 11/16/2013 3:27:27 PM
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project, he was made as "the perfect" clone right after. So will he have a role in MGS V?

Solid, Solidus and Liquid were all part of LET.
---
Quoth The Raven Nevermore
http://www.last.fm/user/Liquid_Exodus
#4BlitzPantherPosted 11/16/2013 3:27:34 PM
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project

Actually he was. Eight clones were created, "only two survived" or so we were told. Then after the MGS credits, "Noone knows you were the third. Yes, all proceeds as planned.... 'Mr. President.'" Then Solidus is president George Sears in MGS2.

But really, did only three survive? Still waiting for "Liquidus Snake" or a "Gas Snake" to come out of the woodwork.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#5BluezHighwindzPosted 11/16/2013 3:39:53 PM
Solidus was always awesome. I felt bad in MGS2 fighting him, considering he never really did anything THAT wrong, (I guess dropping nuclear fallout over Manhattan might have hurt some people) but considering he was fighting an evil organization out to rule the world, Solidus should have been an ally, not an enemy.

Also, Solidus is much cooler than prissy liquid.
---
Just remember folks, nobody really cares.
#6BlitzPantherPosted 11/16/2013 3:47:05 PM
^Would've been an ally if Snake and Raiden weren't busy being pawns. In hindsight you've been used sooo much in this series.

Also, Solidus was willing to use any means necessary; which kind of voids his hero status.
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#7MetalDialgaPosted 11/16/2013 3:50:46 PM
BluezHighwindz posted...
Solidus was always awesome. I felt bad in MGS2 fighting him, considering he never really did anything THAT wrong, (I guess dropping nuclear fallout over Manhattan might have hurt some people) but considering he was fighting an evil organization out to rule the world, Solidus should have been an ally, not an enemy.

Also, Solidus is much cooler than prissy liquid.

Solidus would have awesome Character development if he were alive for more than MGS2.
---
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.
#8_NeroZero_Posted 11/16/2013 4:50:19 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project

Actually he was. Eight clones were created, "only two survived" or so we were told. Then after the MGS credits, "Noone knows you were the third. Yes, all proceeds as planned.... 'Mr. President.'" Then Solidus is president George Sears in MGS2.

But really, did only three survive? Still waiting for "Liquidus Snake" or a "Gas Snake" to come out of the woodwork.

Look at E3 trailer again - where Sins of the Father plays. When the lyrics say "With your breath so still, it makes me believe" is looks like some sort of zombies are creeping through a sandstorm. There's speculation that these may be the aborted sons of LET, used as some sort of pre-Solidus "let's-create-perfect-soldiers-via-debatable-methods-yet-again" project.

Even though this is unlikely at best, it's something interesting, and I'd certainly like to see the other aborted children as some sort of enemies used by Cipher, XOF or whatever.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#9riddlebox89Posted 11/16/2013 7:05:31 PM
BlitzPanther posted...

This is incorrect, out of the eight in the original batch of clones, only Solid and Liquid survived, Solidus was created sometime later after Big Boss left the Patriots after finding out they were working on cloning him.

He's still part of the LET project, just wasn't part of the original batch.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10spamhairPosted 11/16/2013 9:12:10 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
BlitzPanther posted...

This is incorrect, out of the eight in the original batch of clones, only Solid and Liquid survived, Solidus was created sometime later after Big Boss left the Patriots after finding out they were working on cloning him.

He's still part of the LET project, just wasn't part of the original batch.

Prove that when they made Solidus it was still called the LET project. Because I was under the impression that it was a completely different program, albeit unnamed.
---
"Hayters gonna hayte," said in response to David Hayter not voicing Snake in MGSV.