What about Solidus?

#11Monza_Man_Posted 11/16/2013 11:22:07 PM
spamhair posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
BlitzPanther posted...
Actually he was. Eight clones were created, "only two survived" or so we were told. Then after the MGS credits, "Noone knows you were the third. Yes, all proceeds as planned.... 'Mr. President.'" Then Solidus is president George Sears in MGS2.

But really, did only three survive? Still waiting for "Liquidus Snake" or a "Gas Snake" to come out of the woodwork.

This is incorrect, out of the eight in the original batch of clones, only Solid and Liquid survived, Solidus was created sometime later after Big Boss left the Patriots after finding out they were working on cloning him.

He's still part of the LET project, just wasn't part of the original batch.

Prove that when they made Solidus it was still called the LET project. Because I was under the impression that it was a completely different program, albeit unnamed.

Well Solidus did say to Raiden before the final fight that "we brothers are called Les Enfants Terribles." The LET were a series of experiments with the purpose of creating clones of Big Boss. Although Solidus was created in a separate experiment to Solid and Liquid, he is still a Big Boss clone which makes him part of the LET experiments.
---
"I loved being in the boy scouts. We went to 'Nam." - Rich Hall
#12DoomMasterHellPosted 11/17/2013 2:14:52 AM
I'm pretty sure in MGS2 that Richard Ames calls Solidus the "third survivor of the Les Enfants Terrible".
#13St0ckingPosted 11/17/2013 12:12:17 PM
BlitzPanther posted...
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project

But really, did only three survive? Still waiting for "Liquidus Snake" or a "Gas Snake" to come out of the woodwork.

SOLIQUIDUS BOSSELOT. Final game's plot twist final boss.
#14Ether101Posted 11/17/2013 1:47:36 PM
BluezHighwindz posted...
Solidus was always awesome. I felt bad in MGS2 fighting him, considering he never really did anything THAT wrong, (I guess dropping nuclear fallout over Manhattan might have hurt some people) but considering he was fighting an evil organization out to rule the world, Solidus should have been an ally, not an enemy.

Also, Solidus is much cooler than prissy liquid.

Solidus did the exact same things as Big Boss and for pretty much the same exact reasons. There is no way to say that he didn't do bad things.
---
Complacency can be a sin. Gamer's have lost their pride.
#15MrArmageddon8Posted 11/17/2013 2:31:41 PM
Ether101 posted...
BluezHighwindz posted...
Solidus was always awesome. I felt bad in MGS2 fighting him, considering he never really did anything THAT wrong, (I guess dropping nuclear fallout over Manhattan might have hurt some people) but considering he was fighting an evil organization out to rule the world, Solidus should have been an ally, not an enemy.

Solidus did the exact same things as Big Boss and for pretty much the same exact reasons. There is no way to say that he didn't do bad things.

I liked Solidus (much better villain than Liquid IMO)but he did do some pretty messed up things like

Spoilers

Shooting Olga right in the face and training child soldiers,..

but overall his goals were somewhat noble.
#16Ether101Posted 11/18/2013 5:21:03 PM(edited)
MrArmageddon8 posted...
Ether101 posted...
BluezHighwindz posted...

I liked Solidus (much better villain than Liquid IMO)but he did do some pretty messed up things like

Spoilers

His goals were excuses. And he didn't just train child soldiers he tried to rob them of their humanity, of any kind of ability to think for themselves.
---
Complacency can be a sin. Gamer's have lost their pride.
#17mad_hax_manPosted 11/21/2013 12:08:29 AM
Ether101 posted...
MrArmageddon8 posted...
Ether101 posted...
BluezHighwindz posted...

Spoilers

His goals were excuses. And he didn't just train child soldiers he tried to rob them of their humanity, of any kind of ability to think for themselves.

To elaborate, he was only taking down The Patriots for selfish methods, i.e to get revenge on being controlled his whole life and to leave a legacy that he couldn't have via reproduction. He has his complexities and a strong motivation, but its still a selfish one
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#18RickMoranisPosted 11/21/2013 2:34:07 AM
St0cking posted...
BlitzPanther posted...
steefiepie posted...
Solidus isnt part of the Les Enfant Terribles project

SOLIQUIDUS BOSSELOT. Final game's plot twist final boss.

---
Moranis 3:16 says I just shrunk your ass!