Why are they still adding solid?

#1GonkzillaPosted 11/21/2013 2:14:21 AM
Shouldn't it just be metal gear 5 since solid snake is no longer a part of these games?
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/21/2013 11:02:49 AM
The Solid in the title was never referring to Solid Snake, it was referring to the fact that the environments were more solid due to moving from a 2D platform to a 3D platform, it's just a subtitle, nothing more.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3BlitzPantherPosted 11/21/2013 11:57:57 PM
Interesting enough maybe it could/should be named something else. Moving from 2D to 3D gave us "Solid." Moving from a set stage/environment to an open world is like a new step in Metal Gear's evolution and could have brought on a new title. All the same it's a moot point because Mr. Kojima decided to keep it "Solid."

But we have seen a move from "Tactical Espionage Action" to "Tactical Espionage Operations."
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#4GreenKnight127Posted 11/22/2013 1:11:56 AM
Isn't this game technically a sequel to Peace Walker?

Well, I guess that'd be Ground Zeroes.

But isn't Phantom Pain the sequel to Ground Zeroes?

I mean.....shouldn't Metal Gear fans know the order of games and just be able to mentally organize this mess in their minds anyway?
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#5lalelulelosopPosted 11/23/2013 3:15:03 PM
GreenKnight127 posted...

I mean.....shouldn't Metal Gear fans know the order of games and just be able to mentally organize this mess in their minds anyway?

GZ IT's a prologue

it's liek snake eater and virtuous mission

and tanker/plant
#6GreenKnight127Posted 11/24/2013 8:12:21 PM
lalelulelosop posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...

GZ IT's a prologue

it's liek snake eater and virtuous mission

and tanker/plant

It's nothing like those.

Because GZ is an entirely separate game.
---
Cheetah Yee-HT Skip-OT no tso-p tsum ooh sen-o eht era s11ort Tenner-ettni laer eht.
#7riddlebox89Posted 11/24/2013 10:29:05 PM
GreenKnight127 posted...
It's nothing like those.

Yet Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain, so yes it is exactly like the Tanker and Virtuous Mission chapters. A prologue is a prologue whether it's released all in one package or separately.
---
#8GreenKnight127Posted 11/24/2013 10:58:40 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
GreenKnight127 posted...
It's nothing like those.

Yet Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain, so yes it is exactly like the Tanker and Virtuous Mission chapters. A prologue is a prologue whether it's released all in one package or separately.

Was the Tanker mission and Virtuous mission separate games?

No.

They were on the same disc as the rest of the game.

Therefore, they are nothing like Ground Zeroes.

If Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were to be released on the same disc....and stream together seamlessly as though they were one experience, then they'd be the same thing as the Tanker and Virtuous missions.

Kinda weirded out by how adamantly you guys are trying to defend it as otherwise.

It's time you guys just admit it for what it is: two separate games.

Throw around the word "prologue" all you want. In literature, the prologue is always attached to the rest of the story within the same book binding.

You don't pay to read the prologue separately. That would be called a prequel.

But whatever. I guess I shouldn't expect this fanbase to be very reasonable or logical.
---
#9riddlebox89Posted 11/25/2013 12:00:21 AM
GreenKnight127 posted...
Was the Tanker mission and Virtuous mission separate games?

No.

They were on the same disc as the rest of the game.

Therefore, they are nothing like Ground Zeroes.

If Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain were to be released on the same disc....and stream together seamlessly as though they were one experience, then they'd be the same thing as the Tanker and Virtuous missions.

Kinda weirded out by how adamantly you guys are trying to defend it as otherwise.

It's time you guys just admit it for what it is: two separate games.

Throw around the word "prologue" all you want. In literature, the prologue is always attached to the rest of the story within the same book binding.

You don't pay to read the prologue separately. That would be called a prequel.

But whatever. I guess I shouldn't expect this fanbase to be very reasonable or logical.

Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain together make MGS5, it's not the full package if it's just one without the other. So that's one argument of yours debunked.

Kojima himself called Ground Zeroes the prologue to Phantom Pain, he makes the games, you don't, therefor, his word counts for more than some internet nobody. Argument number two, debunked.

And no, paying for the prologue separately wouldn't be a prequel, it would still be a prologue, a prequel is a sequel in an already established franchise that takes place before one of the previous titles, like MGS3 took place way before Metal Gear 1. Argument number three, debunked.
---
#10Rikkus_dadPosted 11/25/2013 7:28:41 AM(edited)
it's the name of the series, it's a very established game name at this point. They aren't going to change the main title of a super popular series. Yeah it's a different character but it's still in the same universe and very strongly connected to all other MGS games.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?