I don't like this format of gameplay. Mission select..

#1thedeparted94Posted 11/21/2013 6:04:33 AM
I don't like mission select in these types of games. It breaks the flow of the gameplay.

For instance. Resident evil 4 was a continuous, very lengthy story in which you had to plan out your moves almost like chess.

You needed ammo, health items, new weapons. But when they broke up the story into a mission select screen in 5 and 6. It becomes too repetitive and loses all sense of tension because you can back out, get new items and replay the stage.

Metal gear solid 3 was this epic mission where you had to travel over vast distances. When eva gives you Directions at the start of the game, It's almost overwhelming. Mangrove swamps, bases, caves, warehouses, Graniny Gorki, Jungles, Mountains, and the Grozny Grad. By the time you finally got there and destroyed the Cobras in your path, You felt accomplished.

Then MGS4 came out and it was broken up into 5 parts but each part never gave you enough gameplay to separate it from the others.

I want epic missions back, Not "sneak onto base, save blah blah blah and get to the rendezvous point".
---
<PSN> britz02
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/21/2013 10:48:03 AM
Too bad, so sad, don't buy the game if the mission select structure bothers you that much.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3thedeparted94(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 11:06:20 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
Too bad, so sad, don't buy the game if the mission select structure bothers you that much.

<facepalm> great, riddlebox strikes again.

We should make a new name for you. Reverse Troll
---
<PSN> britz02
#4riddlebox89Posted 11/21/2013 11:12:45 AM
thedeparted94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Lol, pointing out that you shouldn't buy the game because you seem to find every little thing wrong with it is trolling? Yeah, right kiddo, try harder next time.

But seriously, this is a non-issue, if you don't like the mission based structure, then you can either deal with it or not buy the game at all.
---
#5thedeparted94(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 11:14:36 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
thedeparted94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

Lol, pointing out that you shouldn't buy the game because you seem to find every little thing wrong with it is trolling? Yeah, right kiddo, try harder next time.

But seriously, this is a non-issue, if you don't like the mission based structure, then you can either deal with it or not buy the game at all.

It's an issue because it completely changes the mechanics of the game.

kojima make a better game and i'll buy.
---
<PSN> britz02
#6beardface21Posted 11/21/2013 1:46:55 PM
thedeparted94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
thedeparted94 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...

It's an issue because it completely changes the mechanics of the game.

kojima make a better game and i'll buy.

He freaking made the Fox Engine and made it open world. How much better can it get? And Big Boss fights wars, and wars don't necessarily depend on one mission alone.

GZ is going to be like this, but TPP will perhaps be entirely different in terms of structure.
---
Ghost Recon FS: Where you can be invisible and a noob at the same time! PSN:usfstu18
#7riddlebox89Posted 11/21/2013 2:46:49 PM
beardface21 posted...
He freaking made the Fox Engine and made it open world. How much better can it get? And Big Boss fights wars, and wars don't necessarily depend on one mission alone.

GZ is going to be like this, but TPP will perhaps be entirely different in terms of structure.

Don't even bother wasting your time on this kid, he and people like him have done nothing but piss and moan about how the game is made since day one just for the sake of whining about something even when it's a non-issue and can't comprehend the idea of "If you don't like it, don't buy it."
---
#8tonberrymastaPosted 11/23/2013 11:26:06 AM
Along with mission based gameplay Kojima has said the narrative itself will change to become more "episodic" like a TV series. I think this was done to address the very issue you are talking about departed.
#9lalelulelosopPosted 11/23/2013 3:16:50 PM
why? mission select won't interfere with the story since you can just select the next story mission, and mission replay might come in handy
#10GRU_CommanderPosted 11/26/2013 2:18:37 PM
I've noted this change in the series since MGS4 myself and I do not like it. One of the allure's of the MGS is the whole story itself and "levels" never really break up, you just move further along into the story and environment...MGS4 used the 5 levels in tandem with the "PMC ruling the world, proxy battles errupting..." which goes good with world class special force soldiers... but its MG... I loved 1 through3 and how the flow of areas stayed with one another and made you feel apart of a real world locale, I really believe the locations in the first 3, mgs4 became very generic...where does the first 3 levels take place?? i know where the last two take place......and MG arsenal or whatever should have been more epic
---
PSN: achillies_ny