Theory about Huey in TPP (GZ spoilers, no TPP spoilers beyond trailers)

#1plo617Posted 3/19/2014 7:53:51 PM
We know that it was Big Boss and Kaz's intention to refuse the UN's inspection of mother base. Huey knowing this, decided to speak in behalf of MSF and allow the inspection anyway. This of course could be taken as pure nativity, however takes these things under consideration.

In TTP trailer, we see Huey getting waterboarded by Ocelot, likely at the behest of Kaz. Could Huey have been secretly working for Zero and (pretty much) opened the gates so that mother base could be taken down?

Since I really can't see him having real evil intentions, maybe they (Zero) had Dr. Strangelove and forced Huey's hand. She was gone from motherbase even before the request for the inspection came in, so it is (at least) plausible. We know that Huey was there for the inspection, but was mysteriously gone by the time Big Boss arrived.

I know that in TPP trailer, it says that Huey's "a man who stands his ground". However, we really don't know what that's in reference to. We also know that one of the themes in TPP is revenge. I could be completely wrong, I just thought I'd share my theory. What do you think?
#2PhaildPosted 3/20/2014 5:45:32 AM
plo617 posted...
Could Huey have been secretly working for Zero and (pretty much) opened the gates so that mother base could be taken down?

No, that's just what you do when your entire business goes down under and you need to make sure you don't have any rats on your next ship.
---
Current rank: Cpl. / Exp. required for promotion: 7 days
Caballeros.
#3UnCool_HeadPosted 3/20/2014 6:26:39 PM
No to mention Ocelot in the director's cut trailer:
"He mentioned something interesting. Cipher is pursuing a research. He claims what they're doing in Africa is the missing peace; a weapon to surpass Metal Gear".

From what we've seen in the trailers, the man most likely is Huey.

Anyways it is suspicious as hell a cripple scientist survive an attack in the middle of the ocean.

Damn it, Huey!
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#4plo617(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:04:22 PM
I just unlocked Chico's 6th tape. Skullface tells Paz that thanks to her information they set up the "inspection" for motherbase. He says that the scientist was "our way in".

Of course they could mean that coincidentally Huey's nativity gave them an opening. However, why go through all those lengths to set up an inspection that Big Boss could just flat out refuse? It really seems like they had Huey in their back pocket and capitalized on what ever leverage (likely Strangelove) they had on him.

Come to think of it, scientist who was their way in, could have been Strangelove.
#5Charted_22Posted 3/24/2014 12:59:18 AM
Sorry when we say nativity are we meaning naivety? I'm legitimately confused as I haven't played ground zeroes yet and know mgs well enough to know anything could make sense.
---
In the words of Victor Sullivan "I'll be go-to-helled"
#6kikookPosted 4/6/2014 6:16:46 PM
Phaild posted...
plo617 posted...
Could Huey have been secretly working for Zero and (pretty much) opened the gates so that mother base could be taken down?

No, that's just what you do when your entire business goes down under and you need to make sure you don't have any rats on your next ship.

Yes, am I the only one who knows what a technocrat means? Huey is in some serious deep doo doo in this game. The game is in the 1980's if I'm not wrong and that's when China was experiencing the rise of the technocrat government. Why would the trailer specifically call him a technocrat if not to acknowledge his involvement?
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#7SlothotonePosted 4/8/2014 5:59:53 PM
Don't forget that Kaz and Snake said the IEAE didn't have the authority to do an inspection of Mother Base
---
It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
#8_NeroZero_Posted 4/12/2014 6:22:40 PM
"no TPP spoilers beyond trailers"

no TPP spoilers beyond trailers

NO TPP SPOILERS BEYOND TRAILERS

So you already finished Phantom Pain, TC? Tell us how to get a copy so we can see spoilers beyond the trailers.

Sorry if it seemed harsh, but I just had to do this - trailers are *all* that we have as information from TPP, man.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
"I'm dual-shocked by that statement" - adam_kps2
#9tonberrymastaPosted 4/14/2014 1:26:20 PM
Oh wow, I was thinking very similar things about Dr. Strangelove and Huey on the Ground Zeroes forum a few days ago (almost a month after this thread was written here on TPP forum)!

Yeah, I am not really sure of it all as I know I am speculating, but the question of how they got to Huey and the possible involvement of Strangelove have me very curious too!
#10nelson0928Posted 4/15/2014 8:04:57 PM
It's very possible that he aided XOF in the destruction of MSF, but we don't know whether he did it for a reward or under duress (maybe Strangelove was kidnapped).

What's really interesting is that Kaz and Ocelot will eventually release him after torturing him, or maybe he will be rescued by Cipher and for some reason Kaz and Ocelot didn't bother hunting him down.