This game better be long as hell

#11epicwolf1Posted 4/9/2014 1:51:31 PM
DatPlatBoy posted...
TPP better take me a hundred hours to get through the story, and another hundred to get through side stuff, not including exploring or looking for Easter eggs. Kojima worried that people won't finish it because it's too long ? Well not me, I want non-stop MGS. I even cried at the end of MGS4 because it was over, and was a very short game and thought to myself "that's it ?!" I literally want to experience the feeling of "too much" metal gear solid, put down the controller, and come back to the game when I'm in the mood to play again. Though I know there can never be "too much MGS"

For some reason this is sad to me. Obsessive much?
#12kanto_wandererPosted 4/13/2014 7:31:05 AM(edited)
Girgante posted...
PP will most likely still have a small tutorial..

Well, we already know how the game is going to start, wth Big Boss coming out of his coma and escaping the hospital. Kojima described it as a semi-tutorial to get players familiar with the controls, and in all honesty that section of gameplay is probably the only time I'll ever be excited to play a tutorial sequence in a game. It looks fantastic and I can't wait to experience it firsthand.
#13kikookPosted 4/13/2014 12:22:14 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
Girgante posted...

Well, we already know how the game is going to start, wth Big Boss coming out of his coma and escaping the hospital. Kojima described it as a semi-tutorial to get players familiar with the controls, and in all honesty that section of gameplay is probably the only time I'll ever be excited to play a tutorial sequence in a game. It looks fantastic and I can't wait to experience it firsthand.

MGS has never had a tutorial. Just codec speak that was intrusive to gameplay. That's why so many people don't know how to disarm in MGS4 despite being so easy. Hell, everything in MGS4 is easy. I never understood the complaint about over large execution for moves. Press and hold R1 and tap and hold R1 to disarm. How hard is that?

That said, PP has changed so much in MGS I'm wouldn't be surprised if there is a tutorial.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#14kanto_wandererPosted 4/13/2014 12:31:05 PM
kikook posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...
Girgante posted...

MGS has never had a tutorial. Just codec speak that was intrusive to gameplay. That's why so many people don't know how to disarm in MGS4 despite being so easy. Hell, everything in MGS4 is easy. I never understood the complaint about over large execution for moves. Press and hold R1 and tap and hold R1 to disarm. How hard is that?

That said, PP has changed so much in MGS I'm wouldn't be surprised if there is a tutorial.

I would argue that those elements are tutorials. I also think MGS2 had an abundance of tutorial information at the start of the Plant chapter, where every new area forces the player to sit through another cutscene/Codec call explaining to them how to accomplish a certain objective or bypass a particular threat.
#15kikookPosted 4/14/2014 12:13:43 PM
kanto_wanderer posted...
kikook posted...
kanto_wanderer posted...
Girgante posted...

I would argue that those elements are tutorials. I also think MGS2 had an abundance of tutorial information at the start of the Plant chapter, where every new area forces the player to sit through another cutscene/Codec call explaining to them how to accomplish a certain objective or bypass a particular threat.

Hence why I said it was intrusive. It was annoying and hurt the flow of the game. Hell, I just replayed MGS2 and I actually got annoyed by the amount of cutscenes. seemed we did a cutscene, go to codec, leave the building, go to codec, go to cutscene, go to codec, and then you're free to do stuff.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.